Question about Los Angeles?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Los Angeles?

Could anyone tell my what on earth is this place? It is located right underneath Los Angeles International Airport. Has anyone been there personaly? I am from Europe so I can't check it myself :(

Sorry forgot to attach .
    Here is a worldwind link:
    worldwind://goto/world=Earth&lat=33.91224&lon=-118.40174&view=0.01965
    Attached Files

Comment

I'm going there in the summer, so if you can wait a few months you'll get an answer!

It looks like a reservoir, and the circular things have arms in, so that could be water cleansing, or perhaps irrigation (no idea why it'd be that though).

Could also be gas, etc.
      Donate to support your community!
      Please donate if you can - every donation helps improve World Wind

World Wind Central - FAQs, Hotspots, Wiki and more...READ before posting!

Need to upload files? Use my free 50Mb uploader!
      Or, how about some web hosting or web design?

Comment

Originally posted by emperor@Mar 21 2005, 04:18 PM
        Sorry forgot to attach .
        Here is a worldwind link:
        worldwind://goto/world=Earth&lat=33.91224&lon=-118.40174&view=0.01965
        Hm. For my unschooled eyes, it very much looks like a oil refinery or a larger chemical plant. The storage tanks look very much like natural gas ones, and the lake would be emergency reserve for cooling/fire fighting water.

Comment

Originally posted by emperor@Mar 21 2005, 04:16 PM
          Could anyone tell my what on earth is this place? It is located right underneath Los Angeles International Airport. Has anyone been there personaly? I am from Europe so I can't check it myself :(

Hi,

the south of LAX Airport is full of oil raffineries. Probably one of these !

Comment

Originally posted by Guest@Mar 23 2005, 12:40 AM
            Hi,

the south of LAX Airport is full of oil raffineries. Probably one of these !
            By the way, if you change to "USGS Topo Map", it shows the area as "Oil Reservoirs" and "Oil sump", but does not show the golf course to the east, which must be a more recent development. Looking at the airphotos just to the west of the excerpt show the shadows of tall pipe-type structures - the refinery part of the plant.
            Phil

Comment

Thanks to all for the information

Comment

Working...
              X