Blank Image

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blank Image

I was just flying around looking at the mountains near california when I came across this where there is just a white space for no apparent reason. Were pictures just not taken of this particular area, and if so why? I would think it was just mountains missing.

Interesting! could you use the copy link feature to provide a worldwind:// link so myself and others can check it out - saves a lot of time
    Donate to support your community!
    Please donate if you can - every donation helps improve World Wind

World Wind Central - FAQs, Hotspots, Wiki and more...READ before posting!

Need to upload files? Use my free 50Mb uploader!
    Or, how about some web hosting or web design?

Comment

Originally posted by TheBeansprout@Mar 3 2005, 02:53 AM
      Interesting! could you use the copy link feature to provide a worldwind:// link so myself and others can check it out - saves a lot of time
      worldwind://goto/world=Earth&lat=39.59479&lon=-110.09319&alt=28563

Very interesting fact is that this particular square is missing. There doesn't seem to be any top secret/military bases, so this is not no-fly zone.

SRTM data are available for entire area, but digital ortho isn't.

New Area 51? :blink: ...maybe
      CATXDOG - 4 cat & dog lovers : TRESNJEVKA

Comment

Looks like it is just a case of "Missingtileitus" quite common. Results from a bad tile, or transfer of data. Or even a birth defect where the data is missing thus causing this deformity.

Earth is Square blog

PUBLIC NOTICE AS REQUIRED BY LAW: Any use of this forum post, in any manner whatsoever, will increase the amount of disorder in the universe. Although no liability is implied herein, the consumer is warned that this process will ultimately lead to the heat death of the universe.

Comment

Working...
        X