Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Earth plugin...

No, no... not the_plugin_that_shall_not_be_named

Google goes the Virtual Earth and WWJ way - now they have a browser-based virtual globe.

http://code.google.com/apis/earth/
    http://google-latlong.blogspot.com/2...t-browser.html

Seems much faster and responsive than WWJ, but it is quite bugged and can freeze the browser for a while.

Check this out http://www.google.com/earth/plugin/examples/milktruck/ something like WWJ Disti F16 simulator
    Hot stuff: FAQ, forum search, DirectX, .NET, Video Card Compatibility list

Mmmh, i must say it works like a charm on my computer.
    Very nice app indeed !
    Pfff...

Comment

helps a lot when you have a dozen or so paid programmers

Earth is Square blog

PUBLIC NOTICE AS REQUIRED BY LAW: Any use of this forum post, in any manner whatsoever, will increase the amount of disorder in the universe. Although no liability is implied herein, the consumer is warned that this process will ultimately lead to the heat death of the universe.

Comment

hmm, thanks for the links downloading it rite away

Comment

Is it possible to use the new api with WW?

Is there any way to use the new api Google has issued with this plugin and use the Google Earth images as a layer in WorldWind?

Comment

Probably quite easily, but Google would sue anyone who did, trust me Google does not want GE/GM imagery in WW ever, others have tryed and even asked politely, the responses were not so polite.
            Bull_[UK]

Comment

google api

Isn't the point of Google issuing this new api so that we can create mashups and work with their data?

I'll take a look at the licensing/terms of use for the api. Has anyone else looked again in a new point in time since the API was released recently?

I would love to help implement this if it's possible to do without big brother G putting the slapdown on us.

Comment

URL for api

Here's the api I'm looking at:

http://earth.google.com/comapi/index.html

Is this the same api people used in the past and got in trouble?

Comment

We didn't use the api in the past, just requested tiles directly from google's server.

Comment

*coughdon'tknowwhatyou'retalkingaboutcou gh*
                    Machine. Unexpectedly, I’d invented a time
                    - Alan Moore

Comment

Using GE imagery as a layer in WW means no API.
                      You can make a webpage with embedded GE plugin and open it with WW browser - that should be legal; maybe you can embed GE window inside WW... but there is no way to blend GE with WW or use the data inside WW without using the GE code
                      Hot stuff: FAQ, forum search, DirectX, .NET, Video Card Compatibility list

Comment

Anyone happen to have that google layer code? I have a private Google Earth Fusion Server that I would like to hook up to WW Java... since there is no connection to the real GE servers there should be no problem but i cant seem to connect to it... :(

Comment

Google maps now supports the Earth type view on their website.

Comment

Google Earth plugin is an extension for Internet Explorer and Firefox that displays the contents of pages that have integrated Google Earth which should not be confused with Google Maps. Features like views and buildings in 3D or Google Sky are available on Google Earth plugin.

Comment

If you have original product ideas, it is better to hurry up, because the faster and better you launch the project, the more successful it will become. If you do not have a development team, then you can use the services of a service that help with the recruitment and organization of work. Here you can see what are the average salaries of software developers in different regions of the world, as well as, regarding this information, select countries where hiring developers will be cheaper

Comment

Working...
                              X