This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5of0 View Post
    I Additionally, we should probably standardize the folder names between WWJ and WW.NET - which probably means adopt the WWJ names. I presume this would just be a tweak in images.xml - which would require rousing someone at NASA I assume, as the images.xml is hosted somewhere thereabouts, I think.
    Your code changes from post #73 worked good. I don't recall having to make any changes in images.xml, but I used your code so maybe that was done.

The Remove00.jar from post#77 required the app to be in the directory where the files are. I modified that and added a file (directory) chooser, I still need a few more changes before I upload that to my site.
    Neil
    http://www.nlneilson.com

Comment

Originally posted by nlneilson View Post
      Your code changes from post #73 worked good. I don't recall having to make any changes in images.xml, but I used your code so maybe that was done.
      What I meant was what I mentioned earlier:

It is not directly compatible with the WW.NET cache because some of the layer names are different (e.g. "BMNGWMS" vs "BMNG", "NASA LandSat I3 WMS" vs "I-Cubed ESAT World Landsat7 Mosaic")
      As I look at it now, though, I realized I might have been testing with WW2D instead of WWJ, which might explain the differences. I don't remember for sure, it was a while ago. But if the layernames are different, they'll be in different folders entirely, so WW.NET won't be able to find the extra folders.

And as for the purpose of the java tool - it would be unnecessary once my codechanges get integrated, except for elevation data, right? I'm just making sure I understand how things are going.
      Note: The above statement is probably an educated guess, derived from much forum reading, IRC chatting, general curiosity, etc. Use at your own risk.
      Before asking, check the FAQ or search, and Ask a good question.

Having problems? Make sure you have Managed DirectX and .NET Framework.
      Then check the Video Card Compatibility List

Comment

Originally posted by 5of0 View Post
        1. What I meant was what I mentioned earlier:

2. But if the layernames are different, they'll be in different folders entirely, so WW.NET won't be able to find the extra folders.

3. And as for the purpose of the java tool - it would be unnecessary once my codechanges get integrated, except for elevation data, right?
        1. Much earlier, that was in post #64 on 08-01-2009. My memory isn't that good.

2. That has and will change with time, this is from a WWJ <layer>.xml
        " <!-- Defines the original WWJ Blue Marble imagery that uses the WW tile service. Made obsolete by the WMS version -->"
        With the <layer>.xml/s this can be changed. In WWJ the .xml/s no longer need to be in the executable .jar file. In WW.net I don't recall if they can be external to the .exe.

3. The elevation data, AFAIK, that is all that is needed. The .jar tool to remove "00" is to make the WW.net cache (and cache packs) compatible for use in WWJ.
        If a user wants one cache that can be read by WW.net and WWJ then the "00"s need to be removed. With your changes WW.net can read with or without the "00"s. WWJ cannot.
        Last edited by nlneilson; 03-05-2010, 12:27 PM.
        Neil

Comment

Ahhh! Thanks much for the explanation. I'm a bit rusty in such things

1. Ha no problem, I wasn't intending any snark.

2. I'm not sure if the layernames are specified in the @images.xml, but I think they are.

3. Gotcha, that spelling out was what I needed - the jar is very handy for converting WW.Net caches to the newly "universal" zeroless cache format. The elevation data still needs to be made compatible with zeroless format, and we'll be good to go, with the jar tool to convert old cache packs and caches.

Thanks for your work, and I'll see if I can do a quick hack at the elevation data - it may or may not be more complicated than the imagery, I'll see when I get in there
          Note: The above statement is probably an educated guess, derived from much forum reading, IRC chatting, general curiosity, etc. Use at your own risk.
          Before asking, check the FAQ or search, and Ask a good question.

Having problems? Make sure you have Managed DirectX and .NET Framework.
          Then check the Video Card Compatibility List

Comment

Here is the latest app to remove the "00" padding.
            http://www.nlneilson.com/apps/Remove00.jar

This has a directory chooser. Previously the app needed to be in the directory.

I just made an app with a file (directory) chooser and imported the previous Remove00.java.

edit: I made a change to make it safer. Once you have chosen a directory that will display in the text box. If that is correct then click "Run if correct directory".
            When the app has removed the "00" padding the text box will display "Finished".

Feel free to put that on the WW.net web site.

BACK UP YOUR DATA FIRST!! before you remove the "00"s just in case.
            Last edited by nlneilson; 03-07-2010, 06:32 AM.
            Neil

Comment

It's been a while since we've had any updates. Anyone have any progress to report?

Comment

Originally posted by James_In_Utah View Post
                I have some changes to KML Importer and Shapefile Loader that I could probably check in. I'll have to go over it with Beyond Compare and see what I changed. I'll get back to you...
                Any news on this?

Comment

Working...
                X