.NET JIRA project missing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .NET JIRA project missing

Have the .NET JIRA Projects been deleted? It doesn't seem to exist any more. Only the JAVA project is there.
    Thanks,
    James

Yes, someone :P has deleted .Net from JIRA, but from what I remember there is a copy... so maybe some day, as the IRC channel topic says, "Jira .Net will return (hopefully)" (most likely it won't be on a NASA server).
    Hot stuff: FAQ, forum search, DirectX, .NET, Video Card Compatibility list

Comment

Yup someone on the non-.NET team decided .NET Jira was no longer needed, we are looking into getting Jira hosted on WorldWind Central.
      Bull_[UK]

Comment

Just curious, were there a lot of open issues still?

Comment

The two issues I have right now are that the new render objects code can't keep up when I'm displaying a couple of thousand icons on the screen and trying to pan around. The old code works fine. If WW is released with the new code, I will just have to roll my own and stick with the older code. Other than that, the sfuff in SVN won't build as is in release mode. You have to copy some DLLs over to the release folder, and comment out a reference to another file. I've mentioned it here before somewhere. And now there's the new problem with the changed dlls. Other than that, I'd say if these things can be fixed, release what's in there now. It's way better than V1.4.
          James

Comment

The problem with losing Jira is that a lot of the new (and old) features of World Wind were only documented there, so figuring out how to use some stuff may be a real pain.
            Bull_[UK]

Comment

I use a shareware program called Beyond Compare from Scooter software that is excellent at comparing different versions of the same software. It can easily show what has changed from 1.4.0 and the latest. Hopefully with the comments posted in the SVN log we should be able to document all of the changes. Were you able to build in 'Release' mode?
              James

Comment

Yep release mode seemed to work, I copied the debug folder to release but deleted worldwind.exe and after the release build it was back there, so I assume it worked ok, I haven't tried an x86 build yet as last time I did it was real pain.
                Bull_[UK]

Comment

Does it have to be JIRA ... ? Have you checked out the latest going on at Sourceforge ? They have now moved to their new datacenter and many developments have been happening ! One being the "hosted apps" ...

* Trac (wiki, bug tracking, and project management)
                  * TaskFreak! (task management)
                  * WordPress (blogging)
                  * MediaWiki (wiki, useful for documentation)
                  * phpBB (forums)
                  * Piwik (web analytics)
                  * LimeSurvey (surveys)
                  * dotProject (project management)
                  * Laconica (microblogging)
                  * A URL shortening service
                  * Gallery (image gallery, useful for personal images, pictures of the
                  development team and for screenshots)
                  * MantisBT (bug tracking)

There's a couple of bug trackers you can opt in for there. The advantage being that SF manage them for you so you don't have to worry about updates or breaking things.

( SF irc ... official ... non-official )
                  MyMusic, MyBlog, Space Data Wiki Project

Comment

If we can import the old jira snapshot I don't mind what we use, Adam Hill has applied for a Jira license now I believe so we are waiting on a reply.
                    Bull_[UK]

Comment

Ok, we have gotten a reply from Atlassian.

While we do not qualify for *them* hosting for us (Jira Studio), we do qualify for licenses if we host ourself. Which, since we have our own servers is practically the same. Just a litttle more headache for our admins f0urtyfive and n0wak

So now we need to get Jira running up on a server and start poking NASA for our old Jira dump.

Huzzah! Long Live WorldWind! Long Live Atlassian!
                      Adam Hill - .NET and GIS Guy
                      Thregecy Inc. ::: TheBigPixel
                      Hack #24 - World Wind

Comment

I've got a server with basic CPanel and SSH access. What setup does Jira need ? I could maybe donate if it's not going to use a huge amount of bandwidth.
                        MyMusic, MyBlog, Space Data Wiki Project

Comment

We have the bandwith and space, so no worries there.. just need to cattle prod nowak

Earth is Square blog

PUBLIC NOTICE AS REQUIRED BY LAW: Any use of this forum post, in any manner whatsoever, will increase the amount of disorder in the universe. Although no liability is implied herein, the consumer is warned that this process will ultimately lead to the heat death of the universe.

Comment

Working...
                          X