Off Topic - URGENT ERDAS HELP NEEDED

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Topic - URGENT ERDAS HELP NEEDED

I wish to mosaic two scanned aerial photographs (with a 60% overlap) using the Mosaic Tool in Erdas Imagine v.8.6. Neither of the images is georeferenced so, when I run the mosaic, they are placed directly on top of eachother.
    I'm guessing, the easiest way around this would be either to enter the coordinates (eg. 0,0) for a certain point on both images. Is there a way to do this? Or maybe there is a way of simply locating the same characteristic point on both images and somehow defining it an one and the same? Would that work?
    I've tried using the GCP Tool, but it seemed to deform one of my images (it became skewed). If this is the correct method of solving my problem - then what am I doing wrong?
    I would be extremely greatful for any help/tiips. Unluckily this is VERY urgent and so I would ask for a quick reply - it can even be just a few pointers or a hint where I could look for a solution.

Thank you

For a quick and dirty georeference and mosaic. I would go under dataprep menu and use the image geometric correction to georeference the images to a referenced base. Use either a DOQQ or better resolution base image for the reference base.

Do the necessary addition of GCPs, run the tool and you should have a georeferenced image. Overlay the new image over base image, swipe image back and forth to view how well it lines up. If you like it, then mosaic the two together.

Sorry I'm kinda vague, but I don't have ERDAS here at home. So I can't look through it. And I don't want to drive to work to take a look.

In the install directory, in the help folder, look for the FieldGuide .pdf or html document. It's a good reference to use in figuring out what all the menus are and what they do. Plus in the same help folder is other good help documents.

If you still need more help by Monday. Monday I'll be able to walk through the steps and give a better explaination.

KoS

Comment

Also, if you have access to ArcGIS. You can georeference the images in ArcMap using the georeferencing tool. The same basic idea, reference(using GCPs) the non-referenced images to a base image with geocoordinates. Then mosaic the images.

I'm sure there are other software packages which can do the same. I think someone wrote a tool to georeference in ArcView.

Not trying to be company/software specific. Unfortunately, both of my jobs use ESRI and ERDAS and nothing else. :(

KoS

Comment

Thank you for your help - at least I now know Im going in the right direction!

Thanx!

Comment

Working...
        X