Flanders in 1m resolution?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest@Apr 27 2005, 05:50 PM
    Nope, just posted the url above because many probably don't know what "GIS" is... I believe some IKONOS images are already publicly available through:
    http://geo-vlaanderen.gisvlaanderen.be/geo...anderen/IKONOS/

Also interesting are the mid-scale color ortho's available on
    http://geo-vlaanderen.gisvlaanderen.be/geo...n/kleurenortho/

These are free to browse for everyone.. but I don't know wether they could/may be used in WW. Also, they are only available between certain heights and a part of Flanders is not yet included.
    Probably sounds like way too much trouble

Still their quality is pretty good. Also, there are different layers, including a street map.. Might be useful for people in the meanwhile..

regards
    Ah yes I see. It looks like the data that has been proposed here before by Stephane when I'm right. Now I don't know whether this user has contacted this very organisation (GEO Vlaanderen) or another, but what I do know is that they wanted some kind of advertisements included.
    What you could do is to contact your government and ask them whether this or some other data could be used freely in World Wind. Until now we've seen that the developers don't want any advertisements in World Wind. Unfortunately the data on the websites mentioned above is not that easily to use in World Wind because they have included their copyrights in the image itself.

Furthermore I don't know how Belgian authorities react on people who try to download entire datasets from their internetsites. I live in the Netherlands and I know that the Dutch law says that you may download everything from the internet you encounter, that only the one who provides the data is responsible for it. But I know that other countries (like France) have other rules about internet-related material. Anyhow it shouldn't be too difficult to download imagery from some sites (like the one you mentioned) and write a little program to process the images into the World Wind format.

Comment

Hello the community,

Now I have taken contact with this company, they are waiting for an answer. Unfortunately, the developpers don't seem to share the same feelings as the majority of the community (paying vs advertising).
      Anyway, we have to give an answer to their proposition.
      What's the next step?

Stéphane

Comment

There is a NASA/Developer/Community meeting tonight. One of the topics we are going to be going over is the above (I hope.) You welcome to join in (It is on IRC and you can get there through worldwindcentral.com)

Here is the current agenda: http://www.worldwindcentral.com/wiki/Commu...ting_2005-04-29

Earth is Square blog

PUBLIC NOTICE AS REQUIRED BY LAW: Any use of this forum post, in any manner whatsoever, will increase the amount of disorder in the universe. Although no liability is implied herein, the consumer is warned that this process will ultimately lead to the heat death of the universe.

Comment

Sounds nice
          Please don't forget to post the outcome here as well, for I'm really interested how things work out. If this works out fine, I'd very much like to try the same thing for some interesting imagery for the Netherlands.

Comment

What is the final outcome of this meeting?

Stephane

Comment

There's a Transcript of the Meeting here
              p.
              http://www.garnichts.net

Comment

Hi,

Yes I know I already saw the link but the language used in these meetings is very hard to understand for foreigners (at least for me). It is very far from the academic english we are tought at school!
                And then a short summary concerning the problem discussed in this very thread would be welcome.

Stephane

Comment

The basic summary of that bit was, if I remember, "not much"!

We need to work out how to make World Wind attractive to companies, and make it easier to integrate datasets into World Wind, I think.
                  Donate to support your community!
                  Please donate if you can - every donation helps improve World Wind

World Wind Central - FAQs, Hotspots, Wiki and more...READ before posting!

Need to upload files? Use my free 50Mb uploader!
                  Or, how about some web hosting or web design?

Comment

I dont want to open a can of worms here, but our government has to have higher res pics of the rest of the world. thats how we found out the cubans had russian missles. maybe we could lobby to have some of this stuff declassified.

Comment

Originally posted by PostFatal@May 24 2005, 03:32 PM
                      I dont want to open a can of worms here, but our government has to have higher res pics of the rest of the world. thats how we found out the cubans had russian missles. maybe we could lobby to have some of this stuff declassified.
                      Sure. The National Archives in College Park has declassified imagery from the CORONA and Keyhole (KH-7 and KH-9) satellites. Now, to scan them...

Comment

Originally posted by Stephane@Apr 21 2005, 07:28 PM
                        some great people like Jean-Claude Vandamme.
                        Jean-Claude Vandamme? lol he's an ignorant pussy.

Comment

I'll give ya $50 to say that to his face then

Earth is Square blog

PUBLIC NOTICE AS REQUIRED BY LAW: Any use of this forum post, in any manner whatsoever, will increase the amount of disorder in the universe. Although no liability is implied herein, the consumer is warned that this process will ultimately lead to the heat death of the universe.

Comment

Moved this topic to a better place.
                            Donate to support your community!
                            Please donate if you can - every donation helps improve World Wind

World Wind Central - FAQs, Hotspots, Wiki and more...READ before posting!

Need to upload files? Use my free 50Mb uploader!
                            Or, how about some web hosting or web design?

Comment

hello
                              i hope all one ok
                              please i want your help of application erdas in mineral exploratio
                              thank you for every one

Comment

Working...
                              X