Commercial 3d Terrain Viewer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commercial 3d Terrain Viewer

Hi, I am looking for a solution to produce DVD disks for commercial sale that users can run disconnected from the internet on their computers. This is intended for tourists where the users can do pretty much what can be done in WorldWind plus some tourist stuff like searching and viewing POI but with some sort a locking mechanism so the disk can not be distributed freely and our data (images and Terrain) that we want to include on the disk is secure. I really like WW but since it's nature is open access it might not be the correct choice but if anyone can point me in the direction of this sort of a solution or if someone has developed a solution using WW it is apresiated.

regards
    karl

Do you have a preference for WW.net or WW Java?
    My World Wind Java Blog & WW.net Plugins page

Comment

I would prefer WW.net

Comment

I have no program experience so it is a bit hard to say but I think we would prefer WW.net

Comment

You might be better off with a WWJava setup, then you could just make it a "web application" with an HTML web page setup on the DVD. When you start looking at WW.net you run into a lot more video card problems than you would have with WWJava.

Earth is Square blog

PUBLIC NOTICE AS REQUIRED BY LAW: Any use of this forum post, in any manner whatsoever, will increase the amount of disorder in the universe. Although no liability is implied herein, the consumer is warned that this process will ultimately lead to the heat death of the universe.

Comment

Working...
          X