North American Geology

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North American Geology

The USGS North American Tapestry illustrates the geological age of North America. Also included are the distributions of several major types of rock formations.

Closeup 1
    Closeup 2
    Closeup 3

Download Here
    Last edited by pangloss; 07-28-2007, 10:19 PM.
    To view all my addons visit http://www.panglosstech.com/.

Wow, that's very cool.

Is there a legend for any of the other layers?

Comment

Well, there is really only one color each for those layers. Legends aren't really needed.

Colored = Yes
      Not Colored = No

Comment

I see.

Is there a reason that the geologic age legend is labelled "scale"?

Comment

No, usually I use the legends for color scales and the like. I just didn't think to change it .

Comment

Legends, Australia download

Should have the original hi-res (133 Mb) source from USGS in Big Pond Files for Telstra Oz users in a day or so.

Haven't installed the pangloss add-on yet, but should have simplified legend sorted in a day or so, if needed. Pity about the overlay (plus) vs blur islands (minus minus) issue in 1.3.5 (hint...)

Damn these clickable smilies are fun. Just one more...

Comment

It comes with a legend.

Clicking it pops up this this.

The thumbnailed legend could probably be a bit larger though. It shows up only about half that size in WW and is hard to read.

Comment

radhock: That's what this is, and the legend is included. If you actually install it, you'll see that. I'm not sure that I see the point of what you're saying.

withak: In the future, the legend tag may allow it to be anchored with respect to the bottom of the window. In the bottom right, it could be larger, without obstructing other things too much. On the left, it interferes with the Layer Manager. At top right it clashes with the Position Information. Currently, it is placed by the number of pixels from the top. Putting it at bottom right wouldn't translate for different screen resolutions or window sizes.
                Last edited by pangloss; 05-30-2006, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pangloss
                  withak: In the future, the legend tag may allow it to be anchored with respect to the bottom of the window. In the bottom right, it could be larger, without obstructing other things too much. On the left, it interferes with the Layer Manager. At top right it clashes with the Posiition Information. Currently, it is placed by the number of pixels from the top. Putting it at bottom right wouldn't translate for different screen resolutions or window sizes.
                  Yeah how the screen overlays work needs to be worked on. I've noticed that even if you have them in a child layer set World Wind won't put them in it. Instead it'll put the screen overlay into whatever the child layer set is in (whether it be the layer set or another child layer set) and World Wind will still add the child layer set, even if nothing is in it.
                  I don't spread the word, I spread the world!
                  Road Map for World Wind development and release
                  I do not know .Net or DirectX.

Comment

Originally posted by pangloss
                    withak: In the future, the legend tag may allow it to be anchored with respect to the bottom of the window. In the bottom right, it could be larger, without obstructing other things too much. On the left, it interferes with the Layer Manager. At top right it clashes with the Position Information. Currently, it is placed by the number of pixels from the top. Putting it at bottom right wouldn't translate for different screen resolutions or window sizes.
                    The position is fine, it is just small enough that I can barely read the text. The image for the thumbnail itself is more than large enough, so just making the width and height tags a little bit larger in the xml would make it a lot more readable.

Or arranging it vertically, like a column, would let you make it narrower overall but keep the text big enough to read.

Comment

Here is a vertical version of the color scale: Download Link

This only updates the on-screen legend and configuration file. It should be run after the main installer.

The on-screen icon is really just intended as a visual link to the full-blown version. There are many complexities of the color scheme that can't be conveyed in the small image.
                      Last edited by pangloss; 05-31-2006, 03:35 AM.

Comment

pangloss: Apologies. I'm shaped down to slow speeds at present, so can't sort the addon til new month, hence the mistaken assumption from an early post by withak that a legend wasn't included. So, I didn't know what I was on about...

But I'm looking forward to finding out tomorrow (June 1).

Comment

Working...
                        X