Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky Gradient plug-in

Here is the Sky Gradient plug-in 0.3.

The bug with high mountains showing behind the gradient has been removed - sacrifying the 'below horizon' halo... but now it works well.

Settings include various presets for Earth, Mars and Venus. It does not detect the current world yet.
    EDIT: it does now with version 0.4.
    New presets are easy to make - see the readme file in the .zip file.
    Last edited by patmurris; 05-12-2006, 08:39 PM.
    My World Wind Java Blog & WW.net Plugins page

Hmmm... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif[/img]

[attachmentid=1651]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
    Attached Files
    Hot stuff: FAQ, forum search, DirectX, .NET, Video Card Compatibility list

Comment

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(m_k &#064; Apr 24 2006, 10&#58;30 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
      Hmmm... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif[/img]
      [/b][/quote]

This layering order thing just keeps haunting me [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img]
      Here is Sky Gradient 0.3b (Zip 8k)

Comment

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(patmurris &#064; Apr 24 2006, 05&#58;01 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
        This layering order thing just keeps haunting me [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img]
        Here is Sky Gradient 0.3b (Zip 8k)
        [/b][/quote]
        Yes, this one works [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
        Good work - i think this plugin should be included in 1.3.4.1 [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
        Hot stuff: FAQ, forum search, DirectX, .NET, Video Card Compatibility list

Comment

Sky Gradient version 0.4

Here is the Sky Gradient plug-in 0.4 (Zip 9k) with presets for Earth, Mars and Venus.

It now detects the current world, loads the last selected preset for that world... or doesnt load at all if there is no .ini file for it.

It will also try to insert itself just before the "Images" layer, or at least in second place - after the Starfield. So no more stars over the sky.

Note: the stars included in NWW shut off below some altitude. This behavior is not necessary with the Sky Gradient - it is even better to let the stars on. I dont think there is a preference option for that...

Comment

Working...
          X