Jupiter and moons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jupiter and moons

This addon includes Jupiter, Callisto, Europa, Ganymede and Io.

Click image to enlarge:

Download here

Last edited by pangloss; 07-28-2007, 10:18 PM.
    To view all my addons visit http://www.panglosstech.com/.

Where did you get the images because I would like to put those base images into the Solar System Add-on I put together since they are better than the ones I already have?
    I don't spread the word, I spread the world!
    Road Map for World Wind development and release
    I do not know .Net or DirectX.

Comment

Very nice !
      Maybe a stupid question.. there are a couple of plugins like this one.. (different objects). Is it possible that you and your fellow plugin makers agree and make only one general planets/moons plugin. (not talking about the highres moon/venus/etc.).

Regards, Bas.

Comment

Hello
        This is probably just something I have done wrong but after installing the Jupiter add-on I only seem to be able to view Jupiter and one called Jupiters moons. How do I view the different moons and see the names of them? At present there are two icons on the bar. Jupiter which if it is ticked shows Jupiter, and an icon called Jupiters moons which is the last one of the five shown in the picture - The greenish one. The moon that is shown is not this one however but a grey one. Can someone tell me what I have done wrong?

When I installed the add-on it created a directory called World Wind. I assumed this should have been World Wind 1.3 so I moved everything the way it was into the World Wind 1.3 directory and this is what I ended up with.

Hope someone can help. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif[/img]
        Murgy
        "Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish" - Euripides

Comment

1. Make sure the Layer Manager is turned on (under View in the menu).

2. Click the arrowhead (triangle) next to Jupiter&#39;s Moons in Layer Manager.

3. It should expand into a tree as shown in the screenshots above (you have to click the thumbnails above to link to the actual screenshots). The moon items can be expanded futher to show all of the features of each moon.

4. Clicking the radio buttons will turn the individual moons on and off. You can also choose between grayscale and color (where available) or turn the placenames on and off. You have to expand the tree futher to do this.

5. The icon in the toolbar just turns the whole Jupiter&#39;s Moons layer on and off. It doesn&#39;t select which moon, unfortunately. There isn&#39;t a graceful way to do all of this via the toolbar, since there are so many components (grayscale/color/placenames for four moons).

The installer should detect your World Wind installation directory. Do you mean the installation directory or the Start Menu?

Comment

Thanks a lot Pangloss. That was just what I needed. They look really great.
            Congratulations for all the work you&#39;ve done on all these add-ons.

What I meant about the last part was that my WW directory is D:&#092;Nasa&#092;World Wind1.3 and the installer put the files into D:&#092;Nasa&#092;World Wind. I just shifted them into the World Wind 1.3 Directory in the same order they were. It wasn&#39;t any trouble.

Thanks for all your help. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Sorry&#33; That last one was from me. I forgot to log in. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
              Thanks again [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
              Murgy
              "Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish" - Euripides

Comment

I&#39;m glad it worked.

The installer is supposed to figure out where you have World Wind installed even if it isn&#39;t in the default Program Files... etc. location. I have World Wind installed in a non-standard directory also, and the installer determines that without problems. I&#39;m unsure why it didn&#39;t do so in your case. I haven&#39;t gotten any other reports of this. Also, the Start Menu shortcut should point to the World Wind directory that the installer detected. It may need to be edited.

Comment

Working...
                X