Satellite Tracker Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satellite Tracker Plugin

This plug-in adds dynamicaly rendered Satellites to World Wind, 400 satellites are displayed and a satellite info window appears on mouse-over.

see WWC and mashiharu.com for more information.

This plug-in was made by mashi and Robert Neuman, great work guys.
    Bull_[UK]

Turn on every satellite with their tracks. You will barely see the earth.
    By the way when I have Chandra on it won't show any other satellite paths.
    Correction it will show other satellites just not other ones in the SPACECRAFTVECTORS layer set.
    I don't spread the word, I spread the world!
    Road Map for World Wind development and release
    I do not know .Net or DirectX.

Comment

The wiki page says it needs 1.3.4. The only thing I can find to download is 1.3.3.1. Am I missing something obvious here?

Comment

Nope, it works in 1.3.3.1 but positions are slightly off, 1.3.4 is still in development you need to compile it yourself to use.
        Bull_[UK]

Comment

It seems to be working. It might be a good idea to have the tracks on by default. I couldn't find anything until I figured out how to turn them on.

Comment

hi people, i've downloaded the add-on satellite tracker but does'nt work, :( i don't know how to compile WW1.3.4, i'm not a developper. may be i have to wait the WW1.3.4 upgrade ?
            thank you very much (an unhappy user :( ). merci beaucoup :-)
            (sorry for my bad english)

Comment

It works fine in 1.3.3.1 for me (though apparently the locations aren't right). Turn on the tracks and look for a satellite near the gap in each track. They are pretty small.

Comment

There also seems to be a problem for some international users due to a ./, issue, to fix this change your windows settings to US-English.
                Bull_[UK]

Comment

when i click on a satellite i get the following message : input string is not in a correct format

Comment

Originally posted by bull@Jan 20 2006, 09:07 AM
                    This plug-in adds dynamicaly rendered Satellites to World Wind, 400 satellites are displayed and a satellite info window appears on mouse-over.

see WWC and mashiharu.com for more information.
                    Sweet. One more reason to try to get WW working for Science club...
                    Not that I'm demanding it, just asking...is there a way this could be *easily* adapted to mars? (Don't kill yourself over it).
                    Note: The above statement is probably an educated guess, derived from much forum reading, IRC chatting, general curiosity, etc. Use at your own risk.
                    Before asking, check the FAQ or search, and Ask a good question.

Having problems? Make sure you have Managed DirectX and .NET Framework.
                    Then check the Video Card Compatibility List

Comment

merci beaucoup bull ça marche, thank a lot bull that works very very nice job

Comment

So what's the secret to getting the tracks to display?? I've checked several boxes in the Layer Manager, but nothing ever appears! I'm using 1.3.3.29687

Comment

right click a satellite name in layer manager and select properties there are some options in there.
                          Bull_[UK]

Comment

You can also get those options for each of the sublayers.

Comment

Makes line 127 of the plug-in private bool m_showTracks = true; I'm pretty sure that's what I did to make it show tracks by default. I can't remember I didn't a few hours ago but I'm pretty sure this is it.
                              I don't spread the word, I spread the world!
                              Road Map for World Wind development and release
                              I do not know .Net or DirectX.

Comment

Working...
                              X