Mars for 1.3.x

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mars for 1.3.x

Since the 1.3 version of World Wind was released people have been asking for a new Mars add-on, unfortunately the format for elevation changed between 1.2 and 1.3 and the data was never reprocessed, also the server which held the high resolution imagery moved to a new host and this data was lost.

This add-on is a repack of Nowak's original add-on which I have altered so it does not try to access online data, and cleaned up the directory structure. The add-on will install a shortcut to your desktop which will automatically load World Wind with Mars as the default planet.

Thanks to Nowak of World Wind Central for the original add-on, and Withak for reminding me how cool it was.

Download Add-On (17.7 MB)
    Bull_[UK]

Yay! Finally, one of those three places I'd die to visit works again. :P

Comment

hi

where can i download high res pictures from mars??
      it there any site where i can downlaod this??

Best regards

russenmafia

Comment

There's not high res pictures at the moment, they were lost. They should be re-done soon though.
        Donate to support your community!
        Please donate if you can - every donation helps improve World Wind

World Wind Central - FAQs, Hotspots, Wiki and more...READ before posting!

Need to upload files? Use my free 50Mb uploader!
        Or, how about some web hosting or web design?

Comment

What once was lost...

I have all of these files if you want them.

I just installed "Worldwind_1.3_Mars_(offline)_1.0" and added "Download Mars256 Tiled (113.7 ppd)" to the included "MGSTextures" as levels 2 and 3. I added "Download Mars256 Tiled (256.0 ppd)" as a separate TileSet since it has a 2 deg. tile size, instead of the 36/18/9/4.5 deg. progression used with the main TileSet.

Right now I'm looking at Olympus Mons (worldwind://goto/world=Mars&lat=18.4&lon=-133.5&alt=200000) and it appears identical to tile 0054_0023.dds in the 256 ppd data.

These are all *.dds files.

Download Mars256 Tiled (113.7 ppd): 800 files (Level 0) + 3200 files (Level 1), 500 MB total
          Download Mars256 Tiled (256.0 ppd): 16,200 files, 1.97 GB total

I also have the terrain tiles (*.tif), but I don't understand how to convert & incorporate them.
          To view all my addons visit http://www.panglosstech.com/.

Comment

Yay

Got a link?

Comment

Beansprout, do you think you could get the data prodessed by friday when I show some of my school's science department World Wind? Provided you get the data today or tomorrow.
              I don't spread the word, I spread the world!
              Road Map for World Wind development and release
              I do not know .Net or DirectX.

Comment

the .tif files would need to be converted to .bil, f0urtyfive or Nowak may be able to help.
                Bull_[UK]

Comment

Originally posted by Beansprout@Jan 29 2006, 09:11 AM
                  Yay

Got a link?

No link of my own, should I upload them to twobeds? My upload speed is pretty slow, so it will probably take a day or so. I'd like to upload it once to somewhere it will be available to all of you.

Comment

Originally posted by pangloss@Jan 29 2006, 08:04 PM
                    No link of my own, should I upload them to twobeds? My upload speed is pretty slow, so it will probably take a day or so. I'd like to upload it once to somewhere it will be available to all of you.
                    If you have an FTP account sure, go for it - if not, PM me and I'll sort you out with one

Comment

It is on the way.

This will take a while, so be patient. The directories and number of files are listed above.

Comment

Maybe a dumb question,
                        how is it possible to download more than 1 file at once from twobeds.com ??

Comment

Pangloss - is the uploading complete? If so, I'll zip up the files to make them easier to download.

Comment

There's a Firefox extension for downloading multiple links at once here
                            http://www.garnichts.net

Comment

~ 300 MB to go, should be done in a couple of hours. Last file is \Download Mars256 Tiled (256.0 ppd)\0\0089_0179.dds.

Your server keeps dumping me and nothing happens until I come back and see that nothing is happening <_< .

I&#39;ll start the terrain files (*.tif) after that.

Comment

Working...
                              X