Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo Landings add-on

Update 3/01/06: version 1.2.1 released
    Version 1.2.1 includes a complete install/uninstall and some impact sites, with improved icons for impact sites and a bug fix. See the Add-on page for details.

Thanks to Google's tribute to the Apollo landings, I've been able to create an add-on for the moon that illustrates all the apollo landings.
    <s>Note that the locations are just estimates (especially 12 & 14), I compared google moon with WW to pinpoint the locations, so they're not exact.</s> The locations are now exact. Also note that Apollo 13 didn't land because an explosion forced its early return (I didn't forget it. )
    The icons are linked to NASA's history pages, and the descriptions are "borrowed" from those pages. So without further ado, here you go. Download and run the installer to enjoy.

Note: The download link was down, but is back up as of 10/18/06. It may be version 1.2, if so version 1.2.1 will be uploaded shortly. Thanks to pangloss for providing me a copy.
    Last edited by 5of0; 10-22-2006, 09:31 PM.
    Note: The above statement is probably an educated guess, derived from much forum reading, IRC chatting, general curiosity, etc. Use at your own risk.
    Before asking, check the FAQ or search, and Ask a good question.

Having problems? Make sure you have Managed DirectX and .NET Framework.
    Then check the Video Card Compatibility List

nice work 5of0
    Bull_[UK]

Comment

But where&#39;s the Cheese, Gromit?
      Donate to support your community!
      Please donate if you can - every donation helps improve World Wind

World Wind Central - FAQs, Hotspots, Wiki and more...READ before posting!

Need to upload files? Use my free 50Mb uploader!
      Or, how about some web hosting or web design?

Comment

Originally posted by TheBeansprout@Jul 22 2005, 02:18 PM
        But where&#39;s the Cheese, Gromit?
        Ouch&#33; Stop twisting my arm so hard&#33; :P
        [attachmentid=1096]
        Fine, unzip this zip file into your WW directory.
        Attached Files
        Note: The above statement is probably an educated guess, derived from much forum reading, IRC chatting, general curiosity, etc. Use at your own risk.

Comment

lol
          Bull_[UK]

Comment

Updated to reflect the new installer.

Comment

Originally posted by 5of0@Jul 22 2005, 08:02 PM
              [attachmentid=1096]
              Do you have the elevation data for that? some of craters look pretty deep. maybe i&#39;ll just D/load it and see. :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by 5of0@Jul 23 2005, 01:02 AM
                [attachmentid=1096]
                Haha, I never saw this
                Donate to support your community!
                Please donate if you can - every donation helps improve World Wind

World Wind Central - FAQs, Hotspots, Wiki and more...READ before posting!

Need to upload files? Use my free 50Mb uploader!
                Or, how about some web hosting or web design?

Comment

Bump, updated.

Comment

Holy cow, I put a WebStats4U counter on the download page, and here&#39;s the list of downloads locations in the past two days, mostly from WorldWindCentral:
                    Code:
                    1.	United States
                    2.	Germany
                    3.	United Kingdom
                    4.	Sweden
                    5.	Japan
                    6.	France
                    7.	Uruguay
                    8.	Slovakia
                    9.	Australia
                    10.	Switzerland
                    Good grief&#33;

Comment

Only issue: The Moon is made of GREEN cheese... not yellow cheese.

Earth is Square blog

PUBLIC NOTICE AS REQUIRED BY LAW: Any use of this forum post, in any manner whatsoever, will increase the amount of disorder in the universe. Although no liability is implied herein, the consumer is warned that this process will ultimately lead to the heat death of the universe.

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo@Jan 25 2006, 10:46 AM

Bump, updated.

Comment

Again, updated. Bug fixed where (I think) the paths to the icons were messed up, so they showed up as red x&#39;s. Also, better icons now.

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo@Jan 25 2006, 10:46 AM

All right, TomServo, I&#39;ve updated the cheese addon with green cheese and an Add-On page on the Wiki. It now has its own thread as well. Enjoy.

Comment

NOT working......!?

Not Found
                              The requested URL /upload/userfiles/5of0/ApolloDownload.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.37 Server at thermalthree.footholds.net Port 80

Originally posted by 5of0
                              Update 3/01/06: version 1.2.1 released
                              Version 1.2.1 includes a complete install/uninstall and some impact sites, with improved icons for impact sites and a bug fix. See the Add-on page for details.

Thanks to Google's tribute to the Apollo landings, I've been able to create an add-on for the moon that illustrates all the apollo landings.
                              <s>Note that the locations are just estimates (especially 12 & 14), I compared google moon with WW to pinpoint the locations, so they're not exact.</s> The locations are now exact. Also note that Apollo 13 didn't land because an explosion forced its early return (I didn't forget it. )
                              The icons are linked to NASA's history pages, and the descriptions are "borrowed" from those pages. So without further ado, here you go. Download and run the installer to enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                              X