X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks

Thanks what_nick.

I've been going down the path of writing my own plug-in. This has been an adventure because it is my first exposure to World Wind.

I've written a C# plugin within the WW framework. It uses uses a reference DLL that grabs the data for me from our web server.

I'm trying to display icons following the data imposed on WW.

Learning a lot about the render() method.

This is what I think I have to do:

Set up Icons in an Icon collection. I think this constitutes it's own layer?

Then I set the position on the icons and render() . I have a couple of questions.

1) How do I plot track lines? Is it a widget?
    2) Can I get a "camera view" from the Icon's position when clicked?
    3) In oder to run without the internet do I
    *) download cache packs?
    *) Set up my own layers for the subject area?

Thanks for any help and I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum for this.

I'm loving World Wind!

-lloyd
    Last edited by lloyd; 10-04-2007, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• Look at the configuration loader class (or any number of plugins that do similar things) to see how to add things to the layer manager. You shouldn't have to call Render() yourself; once your icons are in the layer manager the WW core takes care of that.

1) You can use the built in LineFeature class, or draw your own directx primitives if you want to do something that LineFeature can't yet.
      2) You can set the clickable url for the icon to be a worldwind:\\ link I think, otherwise extend the Icon class to do something fancier when you click it.
      3) WW should show whatever existing cached data you have; how your plugin code handles being offline will depend on what exactly it does.

Comment

• asus u3s notebook

Hi! Does anybody know if this plug-in supoorts the asus u3s notebook? It has a nxp swgps.

Thanks.

Comment

• Same problem

Originally posted by SEckwielen View Post
          Just installed and tried to used the "NEMA GPRMC and GPGGA sentences" with a datafile that I have used successfully with V04R00. I can see the datafile being processed in the monitor window but no fix or position is obtained on the map when using V04R06. The data files that I have were created by recording the NEMA packets from my GPS unit. Any suggestions?

-steve
          Did anybody solve this problem? I'd like to see the track on map too!

Thanks

-Tullio

Comment

• javier.santoro

I found javier.santoro and SEckwielen through Facebook and asked about the solution. Just SEckwielen answered me back.

SEckwielen wrote:
            Re: Problem with WW/GPSTracker

"I never did get the new version to work.. and I experienced the same thing you did.. no answers.. I finally ended up loading back in the V04R00 and used that.. I hope sometime they decide to finish or send out an update.. Good luck.. if you can't find the earlier version let me know.."

If somebody help me, I'd appreciate a lot.
            Tullio

Comment

• GpsTrackerComponents.GpsTracker?

Javier,

We have a copy of GpsTracker.dll that contains GpsTrackerComponents.GpsTracker (not the plugin, GpsTrackerPlugin.GpsTracker) that we got quite a while ago. The two classes have completely different methods, signatures, etc. We are using it to drive our own GPS visualization system. We can't seem to locate either documentation or source code for it. I was hoping you could point me in the right direction.

Jeromed-

Comment

• Standard NEMA sentence with different tag

I am trying to GPStracker with a device that sends a sentence in the standard format as the NEMA GPGGA sentences, but starts with a $PNGGA tag. Is there anyway to get GPStracker to ignore this part of the sentence? Or a way to add the sentence type? These are realtime position fixes received from a remote control vehicle, hence the none standard (not "GP") prefix.

Thanks,

Andrew

Comment

• Need suggestion: plot nmea from multiple devices

Please help. Is there a way to plot nmea strings from multiple devices(~4-5) in real time, preferrably on google earth?

Comment

• You probably aren't going to get much help with Google Earth on a World Wind forum, try http://bbs.keyhole.com if you want to use World Wind instead you may get more help.
                    Bull_[UK]

Comment

• I am fine using World Wind too. Just need a capability to plot nmea string from 4-5 different devices in real time..

Comment

• Source Code for plugin

Hi everyone,

I am currently involved in a senior design project that will utilize multiple Garmin GPS devices. My partners and I were wondering if where we can download the source code for this plugin. Even if we don't use this as a plugin, it would be great to look at the source code as a reference point for talking with GPS devices. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan Smith

Comment

• Check WW.Net sources in SVN on Sourceforge - the plugin might be there.
                          Hot stuff: FAQ, forum search, DirectX, .NET, Video Card Compatibility list

Comment

Working...
                          X