No announcement yet.

TilesDownload 1.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I downloaded BMNG layers and more but could not download the Open Street Map tiles.
    View this thread:
    http://forum.worldwindcentral.com/sh...pen+street+map
    patmurris posted a WW configuration and Nadrek another one with three layers (map, area and hybrid).
    copy those lines and save it as OpenStreetMap.xml (or osm.xml) to Worldwind folder 'config\earth'.
    Start Tilesdownload, open XML file, select Layer 'Hybrid', if you want rename Set 'Hybrid' as 'OSM Hybrid' and Save Config as f.e.: OSM_Hybrid.cfg.
    Repeat these steps for Layer 'Map' and 'Aerial'

Is it possible using TilesDownload for WWJ?
    Sorry - i never tested WWJ.

Thank you for this excellent software.
    Thank you very much

getu

Comment

• To make it a little bit easier - here are the files you need:
      OpenStreetMap.zip

getu

Comment

• thank you. it works.

Comment

• At the risk of sounding like an idiot...after using TileDownload to download the desired data...what's involved in actually viewing the downloaded data in World Wind?

Does World Wind "know" the local data is there and use it instead of going to the server? Or do you have to point it to the directory that contains the local data?

Thanks for general info on this (or a pointer to where I can find general info!)

Scott

Comment

• You need to copy the data into your cache folder, I think, haven't used it in a while.
            Bull_[UK]

Comment

• The Tiles are stored in World Wind Cache - Look at Textbox 'Dest Path' in TilesDownload window.
              Load a TilesDownload Configuration File or a World Wind XML Layer File and you will have the correct destination path.
              Read also the TilesDownload Help File.

Comment

• Is the new version?
                I'm using World Wind 1.4.0.0 .net version. World Window 1.3.6.0 version.

Comment

• Why TilesDownload skiping some images?
                  1245 images found, downloaded 601 images.
                  Why 644 images skipped?

Comment

• probably because they dont' exist. You can hit the URL for the image in a web browser. If you try, you'll probably get an error that the file doesn't exist.

Comment

• ok, that images are just skipped, i don't know why.

Why don't download the NLT Landsat 7 Pseudo Color?
                      only download NLT Landsat 7 Visible Color.
                      why?
                      what is the problem?

Comment

• How to download NLT Landsat 7 Visible Color in level 5 or more?
                        Where to download?
                        Because, World wind .net version has only level 4, but World wind java version has (I think) level 7 or more.
                        scale bar says 500m in World wind java version, but World wind .net has only 1.4km. if more zoom it, then display should be light brown. no more landsat image.
                        why?

Comment

• Hello, I'm new to WW and new with TilesDownload.

I'm a 3d graphist. I'm using BlueMarbleNextGen big ECW file from NASA to do my movies.
                          But when i have to draw Country Boundaries, it a pain. It a manually process.

... Then i discovered WW with its lovely made Political Boundaries.

So, I would like to download all boudaries tiles in level 5 but i can't figure how to do that!
                          Do i have to point to a specific server?
                          Could you point me in the right direction?
                          Or maybe there is a Boudaries Cache Pack somewhere?

The next step, is to convert DDS to PNG, then merge all of them to One 163840x81408 pixel ECW file or EXR. (This is going to be time consuming..)

Maybe somebody have done it before?

I hope somebody can help me!

regards,

Comment

• Originally posted by tais View Post
                            Hello, I'm new to WW and new with TilesDownload.

I'm a 3d graphist. I'm using BlueMarbleNextGen big ECW file from NASA to do my movies.
                            But when i have to draw Country Boundaries, it a pain. It a manually process.

... Then i discovered WW with its lovely made Political Boundaries.

So, I would like to download all boudaries tiles in level 5 but i can't figure how to do that!
                            Do i have to point to a specific server?
                            Could you point me in the right direction?
                            Or maybe there is a Boudaries Cache Pack somewhere?

The next step, is to convert DDS to PNG, then merge all of them to One 163840x81408 pixel ECW file or EXR. (This is going to be time consuming..)

Maybe somebody have done it before?

I hope somebody can help me!

regards,
                            Did you ever get an answer? I would like to add historical boundaries and am interested in the process.

Thanks

Comment

• Nothing new except links:
                              Homepage: http://www.pondaris.net/ww/index.htm
                              Download: TilesDownload.zip

getu

Comment

• Is there a way to run the TilesDownload with the java SDK? When I open the TilesDownload.exe it just opens in TextEdit.

Running: MAC OS X 10.7
                                Last edited by KBub; 07-05-2012, 07:05 PM. Reason: you must ask the correct question

Comment

Working...
                                X