• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello?
    And when does Germany come? :unsure:
    Please, fast update!

Michi

PS:My knowledge of English is not very good, so, I use a translation program!

Comment

How about bringing tasmania up the list!

Comment

Originally posted by Tacmud@May 16 2005, 07:43 AM
        I downloaded two times "NLT Landsat 7 Layer 1 - 1371 MB Packed - 1391 MB Unpacked" and both was always corrupted - have anybody same experience?
        I had some trouble with ftp too. I looked for a torrent site--the great thing about a bittorrent is that if you have a completed, but damaged ftp file that is offered also as a torrent you can drop the damaged file in place of the torrent and it repairs the broken part very fast.

Alas, I couldn't find one. Some people have the files on p2p nets, so it might be possible to use one of those with the bad file (shareza?.) Emule+MetDoctor

In the end I just re-downloaded the 1.4gb file. <sigh> abt. 1 3/4 rs on Cox Cable modem.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBeansprout@Jul 19 2005, 03:46 AM
          Only certain levels are in the cache packs.

So if you install the layer0 cache pack, that should mean that for the first level of Landsat7 zoom you should see blue rectangles instead of red ones, indicating that WW is loading tiles from the cache.

Yeah, I downloaded everything at worldwinddata.com too but I&#39;m not sure it&#39;s any faster. I still get the red d/l status bar--never seen a blue one (maybe it&#39;s too quick). For a while I had two sets of Images in the Layer stack. I had to fix that in by removing one of the Images.xml vs. &Images.xml files.

I&#39;d like to d/l all the data so I can use the program offline (laptop) when travelling. I can justify 40gb+ to the program.

Comment

Originally posted by f0urtyfive@Jun 22 2005, 01:25 PM
            Theirs really no reason to do that. Where the worldwinddata.com files are hosted has no bandwidth issues or limitations.
            archive.org should run a bkp w/ bittorrent serving. I don&#39;t know how it happens but ftp has errors (maybe it was just truncated.)

Anyway at least a resumable ftp server. Right now it&#39;s http serving so when it crapped out I couldn&#39;t restart from where it ended - had to start all over.

Comment

Hi, everybody&#33;

Are there any news? Waiting for other data cash packs impatiently&#33;

And many thanks and respect for Level 2 South hemisphere to the collectors&#33;

Regrads,
              Kronus

Comment

I would be interested in the NLT Landsat 7 Layer 4 (72 GB) pack, i assume it covers northern and southern hemispheres? Is there anyway i can order this and have it couriered to me? Dowloading that volume on my bandwidth would sink our telekoms infrastructure. Also once downloaded or installed does it automatically pack itself into the local directory for the application to access the data and give you the detail you looking for? Kinda new to this so all info welcomed.

Comment

btw, if i ordered the 80GB pack would i be able to "see my house", or should we REALLY forget it? cause of the commercial rights thing with these images? is NASA going to take the Google like pictures soon? any plans for it?
                  Ahmed Mohamed Osama

Comment

Originally posted by os008@Sep 5 2005, 04:09 AM
                    btw, if i ordered the 80GB pack would i be able to "see my house", or should we REALLY forget it?
                    You won&#39;t see your house in Egypt - worldwinddata hosts only Landsat packs.... nothing more
                    is NASA going to take the Google like pictures soon? any plans for it?
                    Sure, just donate few million dollars and you&#39;ll get those pictures :P
                    Hot stuff: FAQ, forum search, DirectX, .NET, Video Card Compatibility list

Comment

Originally posted by Basil@Aug 29 2005, 02:06 PM
                      I would be interested in the NLT Landsat 7 Layer 4 (72 GB) pack, i assume it covers northern and southern hemispheres? Is there anyway i can order this and have it couriered to me? Dowloading that volume on my bandwidth would sink our telekoms infrastructure. Also once downloaded or installed does it automatically pack itself into the local directory for the application to access the data and give you the detail you looking for? Kinda new to this so all info welcomed.
                      Sure - just PM f0urtyfive and ask him about it.
                      Donate to support your community!
                      Please donate if you can - every donation helps improve World Wind

World Wind Central - FAQs, Hotspots, Wiki and more...READ before posting!

Need to upload files? Use my free 50Mb uploader!
                      Or, how about some web hosting or web design?

Comment

Originally posted by m_k@Sep 5 2005, 12:28 PM
                        Sure, just donate few million dollars and you&#39;ll get those pictures :P
                        , they did a great job so far providing this great program, i&#39;ll use both actually, NASA for its plugins and flexibility and Google for the detail, thanks
                        Ahmed Mohamed Osama

Comment

As others have mentioned earlier in this post -

I downloaded the 9 available data packs - 8 installed w/o any problems - having a problem with the 9th.... (NLT Landstat 7 Level 1) The File size in explorer is 1,404,494 kb.

I&#39;ve downloaded the file twice (not using a download manager) and tried to install it twice (on two different machines - That should eliminate any memory or disk capacity issues). (I&#39;m downloading to a usb Fat 32 hard drive and then transfering the file to my desktop hard drive and installing from there - lots of disk space available).

After the installer verifies the file - I get the error message " The installer you are trying to use is corrupt or incomplete. This could be the result of a damaged disk, a failed download or a virus. You may want to contact the author to obtain a new copy. It may be possible to skip this step by using the /NCRC command line switch (not recommended)."

1) Is the file data damaged on the server and need to be corrected - or am I doing something wrong on my end?

2) Do I want to use the /NCRC switch (and how do I do this)?

Comment

^^^

HEY&#33;&#33; Please, answer him, becouse I&#39;m downloading these packs, and I espescially wanted "NLT Landstat 7 Level 1" pack&#33;&#33;
                            You have 20 hours

Comment

None of the cache packs are damaged on the server, they have already been verified several times. Any problems you are experiencing at any point, are local problems with your machine or your internet service provider.

Comment

Hello,
                                Where can I download data only from Austria.

Sorry for the bad English&#33;

Comment

Working...
                                X