Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create an installer

Hello,

I've now nearly finished my plugin. I worked with the Source Code and started with the plugin Tutorial on World Wind Wiki.
    For this plugIn I had to add some new references (e.g. axShockwave).

After compiling I get all programm files which are saved in the directory where I've developed from.
    To this point, it's all right.

But now, I would like to run the program on another PC. The problem is:
    If I only copy the programfiles to the other PC, the registry entries are absent
    and also the config- and data-Paths aren't right any longer.

Therefore I would like to create an installer which includes all programm-files and also writes the registry,
    but I have no idea how.

Could anybody give me some basic help, please.

Thanks a lot

You could try looking in the wwinstall module in CVS.
    Bull_[UK]

Comment

There are two good free installer-creation programs: NSIS and Inno Setup. I use the first, NSIS, with the HM NIS Edit. HM's installer makes it easy to create a basic installer, and you can look at the script to figure out how to write registry info - if you create an uninstaller, the wizard will create some registry entries that you can copy and modify. If you have any specific problems, I could probably help out.
      Note: The above statement is probably an educated guess, derived from much forum reading, IRC chatting, general curiosity, etc. Use at your own risk.
      Before asking, check the FAQ or search, and Ask a good question.

Having problems? Make sure you have Managed DirectX and .NET Framework.
      Then check the Video Card Compatibility List

Comment

Thank you for the quick answer. I'm now checking out the wwinstall module.
        But I'm a little bit wondering that there are only previous versions of the nsi-Files (1.3.1 and 1.3.2).
        My self-compiled WorldWind is Version 1.3.4. I hope that is normal.

Comment

Originally posted by 5of0@Jan 9 2006, 06:56 PM
          There are two good free installer-creation programs: NSIS and Inno Setup. I use the first, NSIS, with the HM NIS Edit. HM's installer makes it easy to create a basic installer, and you can look at the script to figure out how to write registry info - if you create an uninstaller, the wizard will create some registry entries that you can copy and modify. If you have any specific problems, I could probably help out.
          Hello,

I think, I have a specific problem now.
          I've now checked out wwinstall from cvs. I copied my data directory and binaries
          into the Install directory and tried to compile the "ww install 11. nsi".
          (I hope that's right?&#33

I got following error message:
          "Error in script "C:\installer\wwinstall\w w install 11.nsi" on line 415 -- aborting creation process"

Here is the part of the script:
          Code:
          410 Function ManagedDirectXCheck
          411   strCpy $1 "$WINDIR\Microsoft.NET\DirectX for Managed Code\1.0.2908.0"
          412   ifFileExists $1 +9 0
          413   MessageBox MB_YESNOCANCEL "$(Requirement3) 
                (October 2005 Update)" IDNO +8 IDCANCEL +7 
          414   SetOutPath "$TEMP"
          415   File "mdx-oct-2005.exe"&#59;October 2005
          416   SetOutPath "$INSTDIR"
          417   ExecWait '"$TEMP\mdx-oct-2005.exe"'
          418   strCpy $1 "$WINDIR\Microsoft.NET\DirectX for Managed Code\1.0.2908.0"
          419   ifFileExists $1 +2 0
          420   Abort
          421 FunctionEnd

Could you please help me.

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Hm - I think, I'm too stupid. (Struggling)

Could anyone give me a short instruction please?

- Which files do I have to copy to where?
            - Which .nsi-File do I have to compile?

:unsure:

Best regards

Comment

Originally posted by Maft@Jan 9 2006, 04:22 PM
              Hm - I think, I'm too stupid. (Struggling)

Could anyone give me a short instruction please?

- Which files do I have to copy to where?
              - Which .nsi-File do I have to compile?

:unsure:
              Best regards
              Hm, sorry, I totally misunderstood the direction of your post. I didn't realize you were trying to compile a modified WW installer, I thought you were creating your own installer. And unfortunately I know nothing about the WW installer. :(
              Note: The above statement is probably an educated guess, derived from much forum reading, IRC chatting, general curiosity, etc. Use at your own risk.
              Before asking, check the FAQ or search, and Ask a good question.

Having problems? Make sure you have Managed DirectX and .NET Framework.
              Then check the Video Card Compatibility List

Comment

Help

Originally posted by 5of0 View Post

Ok, what I do is create Lisp files, which is a basic file made in notepad for certain commands in autocad.

After I make these files I have to manual load them into AutoCAD. I also have to make a tool bar for it along with a little picture for an Icon.

I know how to do all of this and I do it all the time.

What im looking for is a program that will do this. for example

I got one file I want to go to c:drive/program files/support
                another file to go to c:drive/program files/data/icon

and so on, they have to go in certain spots to create on tool that does a certain thing.

I want a program that will make an installer, so that people can download my files and hit start setup and BOOM, it's done, they can use the tools.

can anybody help me with this?

Comment

Thanks. Nice instruction =). Usefull thing

Comment

Thanks for this information sir
                    i really appreciate what have you done

Comment

Working...
                    X