|07-11-2005, 10:52 PM||#1|
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Moffett Field, CA
1.3.2 beta 1 is now available. Please test well, as 1.3.2 final is coming soon.
Back up your World Wind folder before using beta 1. Then, download http://voctopus.arc.nasa.gov/worldwind/dow.../ww-1.3.2b1.zip and unzip into your \Program Files\NASA\World Wind folder, on top of existing files.
Please file bug reports in World Wind Issues, or feel free to discuss beta 1 in this forum topic.
Major new features and fixes in beta 1:
- You can now toggle the opacity setting on image layers, in the property window. Layer properties windows added. (Issues WW-233, WW-238, WW-231)
- WorldWind.config is no longer used. Its settings are now stored in WorldWind.xml (local settings folder). (Issues WW-219, WW-230, WW-228)
- Download tiles in single thread (back out multithreaded downloading due to performance problems). (Issue WW-203)
- Use download queue. Improve download performance. (Issues WW-261, WW-277, WW-268, WW-248, WW-215, WW-309)
- Images are converted to DDS by default (same as 184.108.40.206). (Issue WW-321)
- New security warning dialog on plugin load. (Issue WW-214)
- Unload plugins on application shutdown. (Issue WW-216)
- Fix plugins could load multiple times. (Issue WW-232)
- Add go to URI function for plugins. (Issue WW-212)
- Add "Show Legend" to context menu for image layers with LegendImagePath tag. (Issue WW-223)
- Add OutlineText setting that outlines placenames for readability. (Issue WW-332)
- Call mouse event handlers in plugins before local handlers. (Issue WW-218)
- Remove measure tool. (Issue WW-270)
- Speed up World Wind startup, especially with large XML config files: calculate icon world coordinates when enabled instead of on startup. (Issue WW-255)
- Screenshots can again contain position info (if position info is enabled upon save). Metadata files are now created. (Issue WW-242)
- Cache, toolbar render, and tile memory usage optimizations. (Issues WW-42, WW-322, WW-325, WW-326)
- Add support for loading GIF and TIFF files. (Issues WW-28, WW-259)
- Reorganize help menu; new Credits button in About dialog. (Issues WW-260, WW-339)
Major fix in beta 1 development cycle, but not included in ww-1.3.2b1.zip:
- With downloadable Blue Marble (World Wind Lite), change cached Blue Marble folders so existing Blue Marble data from previous World Wind versions can be used. (Issues WW-196, WW-157, WW-201)
Other fixes in beta 1:
- Loaded images default to DXT1 format. (Issue WW-235)
- Fixed Blue Marble tiles appeared at lower altitude in 1.3.2a2 than in 1.3.1. (Issue WW-206)
- Fix WMS browser goes to the wrong location on certain SVS WMS layers. (Issue WW-312)
- Support pluggable download protocols. (Issue WW-263)
- Fix tile refresh and missed download problems. (Issue WW-160)
- Fix WMS layers not working, download progress doesn't show, and playback controls don't work. (Issues WW-207, WW-208, WW-209)
- Add support for new SVS layers. (Issue WW-236)
- "Enable plugin support" confirmation dialog removed. (Issue WW-213)
- Proxy configuration now correctly migrates from 1.3.1. (Issue WW-204)
- Terrain paths now update when the camera location changes. (Issue WW-258)
- Fix World Wind doesn't render if a toolbar icon is missing. (Issue WW-288)
- Fix anti-aliased text option wasn't working. (Issue WW-324)
- Fix changing Direct3D setting while WW is running causes an error. (Issue WW-303)
- When both position and diagnostic info are on screen, only display position info. (Issue WW-334)
- Settings dialog is now modal. (Issue WW-327)
- Fix place names truncated. (Issue WW-24)
- Fix image tiles outside of view were being downloaded. (Issue WW-296)
- Fix parts of lat/lon grid disappear near poles when tilted. (Issue WW-295)
- Optimize path list layer. (Issue WW-244)
- Fix layer manager sluggish when many nodes are open. (Issue WW-220)
- Fix duplicate icons in layer manager. (Issue WW-166)
- Fix using opacity with transparent layers renders transparent areas black. (Issue WW-241)
- Remember place name on/off setting from last session. (Issue WW-247)
- Make plugin icons come to the foreground on mouseover. (Issue WW-246)
- Fix turning place names on/off toggles all other label layers too. (Issue WW-269)
Beta 1 contains new features and fixes from alpha 1 & alpha 2. See the list of new features and fixes in 1.3.2 alpha 1 and 1.3.2 alpha 2.
|07-12-2005, 09:04 PM||#2|
Join Date: Jun 2005
thanxxx/merci and sorry for my bad english :-/
|07-13-2005, 03:38 AM||#4|
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Washington State, USA
But when it does come back, it'll be better - measure as-the-crow-flies (or as the mole digs, as the case may be) OR as-the-person-walks distances.
Note: The above statement is probably an educated guess, derived from much forum reading, IRC chatting, general curiosity, etc. Use at your own risk.
Before asking, check the FAQ or search, and Ask a good question.
Having problems? Make sure you have Managed DirectX and .NET Framework.
Then check the Video Card Compatibility List
|07-13-2005, 02:36 PM||#5|
Join Date: Jul 2005
in the beta 1 the </Icon> tag is not working anymore.
The icons are displayed below the horizont but the link is still present in the right point.
|07-14-2005, 02:47 PM||#7|
Where can I get a good setting file please ?
|07-22-2005, 08:41 PM||#9|
The 3d angled view works now! Now I will kill even more time playing with the wonderful app.
P.S. I have a built in video card using an Intel 82865G Graphics Controller
|07-22-2005, 10:14 PM||#10|
Join Date: Jul 2005
I have some problems with my cache. Could it came from this ? (found in worlwind.xml)
What does PT10M means and should I change it ?
edit: After trying a few older beta I came back to 1.32alpha2 and it work now.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|1.3.2 alpha 2 released||Jessi||Developers' Corner||28||02-02-2006 07:27 PM|
|World Wind 1.3.2 released||Beansprout||Announcements & News||0||09-07-2005 11:51 PM|
|placenames in 1.3.2 beta||PSK||Bug Reports||3||07-21-2005 04:44 AM|
|1.3.2 alpha 1 released||Jessi||Developers' Corner||25||06-13-2005 10:24 PM|