|02-05-2010, 02:05 PM||#1|
WMS server auto-discovery problem
Congratulations!!, my WMS server is running correctly using your guides and basic data...
But I have several problems.
I'm serving Landsat mosaic numLevels="5" (levels 0,1,2,3,4), but I have several GTiffs with better resolution and I want to do a tiling mosaic between landsat-Gtiffs, I have could do it using a dstile-fixed by me. then I have a level 4 Landsat mosaic with all landsat tiles and other levels 5,6,7,8,9,10 from Gtiff files (only a little part of all mosaic). then I have changed the landsat.xml (auto-discovery file), only to change numLevel="11" -> save file and restart wms server.
the problem is: when I use WMS client to query the geographic zone (Gtiffs zones), WMS sever hang (or very much response time). I think that WMS are looking for levels 10 tiles, but some of this levels 10 tiles does not exist, because not belong to GTIffs tiles, only belong to Landsat level 10 adjacent tiles, and this tiles does not exist. I think that I can fix it by expand landsat tiles to level 10... , bufffff. other idea?. how can I resolve it?
By the way. There is other problem (similar) --> steps to see it.
1) start WMS server with a layer ( my layer is auto-discovery landsat 0-4 levels) numlevels=5
2) WMS client do a query bbox big (example: All Ireland zone)--> I think that WMS sever must be using level 0 piramid. ok, next step...
3) WMS running fine.... but....
4) If I only change numlevels=6, (levels 0-4) so level 5 does not exist. (yes, bad configurantion, but in my opinion it must be a problem when I ask for low zone-bbox) (very much zoom). but is I use The same query that step-2 (Ireland zone)--> the server has a very much time response or hang.
5) If I change numlevels=10 even these levels does not exist, (step 2-query) hang server and I think that with level 0 WMS server must resolve the query.
Some help to fix it?
|dstile, level, mosaic, server, wms|
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|SQUID configuration to cache WMS server responses||garakl||Server Discussion||1||08-08-2011 02:16 PM|
|How to install NASA World Wind WMS server||garakl||Server Discussion||0||01-26-2010 10:14 AM|
|WMS Browser Problem||armin||Technical Support||1||03-20-2007 04:41 PM|
|WMS Server Conncection Problem||mjd||Technical Support||3||01-24-2007 12:28 AM|