|08-17-2007, 07:19 PM||#1|
How to create tiles using your own image?
I have downloaded dstile example to create the tile and it worked great since it had detailed instruction. But I wanted to use my own image to create tile and overlay on the globe. I have few questions regarding this task.
1. Can the image be any .jpg or .tif ? Or does it have to be a georefernced image that contains certain(?) information whithin the image itself?
2. How do you determine what level zero tile size you would want to set? Is there a specific relation between elevation level that the imagery was taken from to level zero tile size?
3. Why do you want to create tile if you can overlay image without creating tile?
Any feedback would be appreciated... Thank you!
|08-17-2007, 07:44 PM||#2|
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Warsaw, Poland
1. Any of these http://www.gdal.org/formats_list.html
2. Depends on the resolution (better res. = low lzts) and layer coverage (worldwide layers like BMNG use large lzts)
3. Hint: try to overlay a single 20000x20000px image
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Creating image tiles with Global Mapper||Matt Fox||Image Serving & GIS||22||06-26-2007 08:03 PM|
|Downloading Hi-Res Image Tiles||cufts||WorldWind General||2||06-13-2007 06:24 AM|
|Generating tiles from custom large image for WW||shaheryar||Image Serving & GIS||6||10-16-2006 05:00 PM|
|Preparing map/imagery tiles for custom image layer||gohyongkwang||Image Serving & GIS||6||06-16-2006 09:45 AM|
|Visualising the World Wind Cache and missing tiles||canosso||Add-ons & Scripts||0||01-20-2005 03:39 PM|