Thread: Where is App.Config?

Default Where is App.Config?

According to http://www.worldwindcentral.com/wiki...ng_the_sources there is an App.Config file to edit if I want to use the cache that already exists from the installation of WW.

2. If you already have a version of World Wind installed, and you already have files on your PC's harddisk that you want to make use of:
    1. Cache files - use either of the following:
    1. Copy your existing Cache directory (e.g. C:\Program FIles\NASA\World Wind\Cache) to be a subdirectory of the directory containing your compiled source code's executable file (e.g. C:\wwdev\WorldWind\Cache)
    2. If you already have a version of World Wind installed, and you already have files cached on your PC's harddisk that you want to make use of, then you can change your compiled version of World Wind to point to that existing directory. Following the instructions above, open WorldWind.sln, then edit the App.Config file key "CacheDirectory" to point to your exisiting Cache directory, save the change, then compile WorldWind.
    Where is App.Config? I've looked everywhere for it. I am using VC# Express.

That information is outdated I think. Look at the xml files in %appdata%\NASA for those settings now.

Quote Originally Posted by withak
    That information is outdated I think. Look at the xml files in %appdata%\NASA for those settings now.

Nothing there either.

These are all the XML files...
    XML file list.jpg

Not the install folder, the one on your user directory where the settings are stored. Type "%appdata%" into the Start -> Run... dialog to find it.

5. 01-26-2007, 09:53 PM

Reason
    withak was faster :)

Quote Originally Posted by withak
    Not the install folder, the one on your user directory where the settings are stored. Type "%appdata%" into the Start -> Run... dialog to find it.
    Okay got it - thank you.

Thread Information