Thread: Portal to Mac

Hey guys,

I'd like to see a Mac portal. I'd be more than happy to help with beta evaluation, but I must say upfront that I do not know programming and all that jazz. For evaluation my machine is, ahem, unique as it is an original G3 with a G4 processor, so if the software runs stable on my machine it will run stable on any!

Just so it's known, I am running the latest (10.3.6) version of OSX, I can create partitions with any OS from 8.6 to current if you all need help.

Sequoia

Super Moderator

Originally posted by GSequoia@Nov 10 2004, 08:01 PM
    Hey guys,

I'd like to see a Mac portal. I'd be more than happy to help with beta evaluation, but I must say upfront that I do not know programming and all that jazz. For evaluation my machine is, ahem, unique as it is an original G3 with a G4 processor, so if the software runs stable on my machine it will run stable on any!

Just so it's known, I am running the latest (10.3.6) version of OSX, I can create partitions with any OS from 8.6 to current if you all need help.

Sequoia

Currently the developers are trying to figure out what platform it would be best to port WW over so that it is compatible with windows / linux and macos. While it is pretty much decided that DX must be moved towards OGL, there is still some question as to what the C# code should be migrated to.

While a port is planned, it is currently in the preliminary planning stages and no actual work has been done so far.

When they do start going that direction, I'm sure we will need people like yourself to test it extensively. But this looks to be a little too far away right now to say anything.
    Llynix AT gmail.com
    -------
    Not working for NASA (Am for hire)
    Installer Maintainer
    FAQ Extrodinare
    Founder of World Wind Central :
    Wiki (and FAQ) * Chat * Hotspots * Geocoder
    and OneDittyADay

Mads Rosing

Try contact Austin Meyer, the creator of X.Plane Flightsimulator. www.x-plane.com. He might be able to help on the C+ questions here. He allso know much about landscapes and topographying.

Thread Information