Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stereo 3D anaglyph (red/cyan glasses) plug-in

I would like to announce the "Anaglyph 3D" plug-in (version 1.11).

For a 3D experience, enable this plug-in, put on a pair of 3D glasses with red (left eye) and cyan (right eye) filters and then view the world in full 3D.

Bjørn Reppen
    Developer on http://punt.sourceforge.net
    mashi on #punt (irc.freenode.net)
    Home: http://www.mashiharu.com

Most excellent dude.

It would be great to try the plugin but I can't.

The plugin does not work with the following video card

Geforce4 MX 460
    Bios ver 4.17.0030
    Memory 64MB

The following err msg is displayed when loading.
    "The error was:
    The graphics adapter is not compatible, no blend factor."

I finally changed the Anaglyph 3D code to support older graphics card. Please let me know if it works?

Available from Mashi's Space.

Moderator: mashiharu.com is down, this plugin is accessible via the archive.org cache
    Last edited by 5of0; 06-11-2009 at 09:14 AM.
    Bjørn Reppen
    Developer on http://punt.sourceforge.net
    mashi on #punt (irc.freenode.net)
    Home: http://www.mashiharu.com

Original works well with ATI Radeon 9600 over here.
    Synchronicity is receiving a cheap set of the correct glasses glued to the front of an advertising brochure in the mail the day the addin was announced! Bliss (and crossed eyes for a little while)

nrind

Originally posted by Mashiharu@Aug 4 2005, 01:12 PM
    I finally changed the Anaglyph 3D code to support older graphics card. Please let me know if it works?

Available from Mashi's Space.
    This is a great plugin ! ... but the new (and the original) code doesn't work with my old Ati Radeom 7000.

I get the same error :
    "The error was:
    The graphics adapter is not compatible, no blend factor."

Saint-Paul de Vence, Alpes Maritimes, France

Originally posted by Mashiharu@Aug 4 2005, 05:12 PM
    On a GeForce 4 MX 440 I get the 'spychedelic' red/blue flashes here

My take is the device.RenderState.ColorWriteEnable = ColorWriteEnable.Green | ColorWriteEnable.Blue; does not work on that card.

Mashi: how about a regular addition after setting the backbuffer blue and green channel to black and the right view texture red channel to black too ?

Or maybe a regular 50% blend ? that should work but with a 50% loss in brightness.

I'll be looking at the code and try some work around.
    My World Wind Java Blog & WW.net Plugins page

Originally posted by patmurris@Sep 2 2005, 04:18 PM
    On a GeForce 4 MX 440 I get the 'spychedelic' red/blue flashes here

My take is the device.RenderState.ColorWriteEnable = ColorWriteEnable.Green | ColorWriteEnable.Blue; does not work on that card.

Mashi: how about a regular addition after setting the backbuffer blue and green channel to black and the right view texture red channel to black too ?

Or maybe a regular 50% blend ? that should work but with a 50% loss in brightness.

I'll be looking at the code and try some work around.
    Deseperate me too... Perhaps time to update my old computer. 5 years are to much at this incredible evolution speed

wilfred

Red face

There are a number of other 3d depth relief methods with very simple glasses and code, I would suggest also creating a plugin or component that handles spectral depth with both a linear and scaled model; there are glasses available for all types (including the rb and interlace types) as demos from www.chromatek.com and www.paperoptics.com ...

specificly, i suggest using the chromatek spectral units (30 cents in bulk, custom, and free demo kits that will include all of their variety of products from paperoptics) that are basicly polymer prisms that displace spectral relative to depth, they have both models that distort for red forground and blue, and tend to work very well when you use an accurate depth value for the coloration, identical to finding the rb displacement values.

Code is simple, for a standard depth, compute vector depth, scale colour as per spectral (please check for the monitor vs lcd screens´ blue and red color values, as they are not identical nor similar to sunlight spectrums) and simply max out blue in the background and red to the front using a basic spectral-rgb conversion. As documented in the chromatek site, if the pixle's displacement is significantly farther than the adjacent´s boundary, color the pixle solid black to use as a visual seperator, otherwise your humans will have headaches similar to the rb glasses with perceptual difficulty in nearground object distinction.

feel free to contact me ¨"wilfred@cryogen.com" for more information or suggestions on techniques and optimizations...

References:

www.paperoptics.com
    www.chromatech.com
    www.chromatek.com
    etc.

I encourage everyone to pick up a batch of demos from paperoptics company, ask them to include the rb-cr-chroma-etc models, and offer to pay them for shipping or demo costs, if you are a research entity with interest in a run of custom prints, they will happily send you a demo kit, and if you happen to have a class of students, im sure they will get you a stack of the units for less than a dollar each... (truthfully if someone who likes worldwind wants to seed the initiative, it would not be a bad idea to get paperoptics to run a large box of units of the exact same model (they have 5 or 6 different diffraction lenses from chromatech) and arrange to send them out by mail at costs for all of us? Im sure a paypal arrangement will cover the costs and help out groups who want to get a bunch of identical models or "kits" that happen to match the plugin's vector values any takers who want to stuff glasses in envelopes? )

-Wilfred
    Wilfred@Cryogen.com

Originally posted by Mashiharu@Jul 24 2005, 10:36 AM
    I would like to announce the "Anaglyph 3D" plug-in (version 1.11).

For a 3D experience, enable this plug-in, put on a pair of 3D glasses with red (left eye) and cyan (right eye) filters and then view the world in full 3D.

So in layman's terms, how does this work? The way I'm reading it, the redder/bluer the picture, the closer (or farther away) the point will look. Am I reading this right, or not?
    Note: The above statement is probably an educated guess, derived from much forum reading, IRC chatting, general curiosity, etc. Use at your own risk.
    Before asking, check the FAQ or search, and Ask a good question.

Having problems? Make sure you have Managed DirectX and .NET Framework.
    Then check the Video Card Compatibility List

Thread Information