Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Real time GPS tracking

Hi Javier,

Ok, I found my problem, I was using the 1.3.2 alpha 1 and that was giving me errors. It works well, I have tested it with the UDP option and was able to track a position. Is there any way to add a marker or breadcrumb trail to the active point? As it is the crosshairs is the only reference to position. (I have no idea if this is hard to do or not).

Also, what about allowing more than one UDP port to be tracked (simultaneously). In this case you would need to have a tag or label plotted for each udp port open so you knew what you were looking at.

If you want I could forward you some UDP packets(realtime) to an IP of your choice so you could see in realtime what I am looking at.

great work...

thanks

Matthew

Hi Javier,

I'm trying to test this plugin with a GPS simulator e.g. gpsfeed+ but without success.
    Was a simulator used in development?

Originally posted by Renzo@Jul 12 2005, 10:22 AM
    Hi Javier,

I'm trying to test this plugin with a GPS simulator e.g. gpsfeed+ but without success.
    Was a simulator used in development?
    Hi,
    No, I use a real GPS Serial device. But I just downloaded gpsfeed+. I'll try it tonight and let you know.
    Thanks

Originally posted by mattymurn@Jul 11 2005, 11:26 AM
    Hi Javier,

Ok, I found my problem, I was using the 1.3.2 alpha 1 and that was giving me errors. It works well, I have tested it with the UDP option and was able to track a position. Is there any way to add a marker or breadcrumb trail to the active point? As it is the crosshairs is the only reference to position. (I have no idea if this is hard to do or not).

Also, what about allowing more than one UDP port to be tracked (simultaneously). In this case you would need to have a tag or label plotted for each udp port open so you knew what you were looking at.

If you want I could forward you some UDP packets(realtime) to an IP of your choice so you could see in realtime what I am looking at.

great work...

thanks

Matthew
    Yes I'd like to do the marker thing, but I'm not sure if yo can do it in a Plugin. My other version of the GPSTracker class (the one that shows an icon in the toolbar) is not a plugin, it gets built as part of WorldWind.exe and so I have access to everything.
    I'll look into this and the multiple UDP ports as soon as I can.

Thanks, Javier

Hello,

I modified the plugin (version 0.09) to work with the gps simulator gpsfeed+.
    The problem was that gpsfeed+ does not end each NMEA sentence with carriage return or line feed. The plugin is now ensuring that it will read the message even if it does not have the standard NMEA message termination.

Please download the latest version of GPSTrackerPlugin.cs from this address:
    http://www.twobeds.com/upload/userfi...ckerPlugin.zip
    Or, you can also get it from the Add-ons list at www.WorldWindCentral.com

Thanks, Javier

Hello,

I'm glad my gpsfeed+ is of use to this community.
    I read about the problem of line termination and will correct it in the next version, maybe sooner in the CVS.

People have been asking for a "walk through waypoints" feature. gpsfeed+ will read a file containing gps waypoints and walk through each one with a user defined speed.

I was wondering what should be the format of that file. Is there some format that is been used elswere? Fields should at least include: lon, lat, alt, speed.

Any suggestions?

Dimitrios
    dz

Hi
    I've confugured GPSfeed+ as the screenshot below but I'm still not able to track anything, am I missing something?
    [attachmentid=1067]
    [attachmentid=1068]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Originally posted by Renzo@Jul 13 2005, 05:46 AM
    Hi
    I've confugured GPSfeed+ as the screenshot below but I'm still not able to track anything, am I missing something?
    [attachmentid=1067]
    [attachmentid=1068]
    Yes, your mixing up TCP and UDP. GpsTracker listens on an UDP port, so you have to setup gpsfeed+ to transmit on an UDP port to your local IP address. Then make sure to set the same UDP port number on GPSTracker (get latest version). This is how I tested this and it works.
    Remember that at this version GPSTracker only understand the GPRMC NMEA message, make sure that gpsfeed+ is sending this message.

Thanks, Javier

I moved this topic to Add-ons & Scripts to hopefully give it more exposure.

Jessi

Hmm I really wanna try this great plugin but I've got some Q's about the installation. Were do I have to install it? I cant find any .cs files @ all in my W.W. map. Could you tell me exactly which pad I should install them? (C:\Program Files\NASA\World Wind 1.3\Config ore something like this)

And 2nd. I have to install some mozilla app? They also made firefox right? So I need to download a browser? Please give me a link to that alpha stuff, so I download the good ones

Regards,

Sp33D (NL)

Thread Information