Thread: WWC# offline mode

Default WWC# offline mode

Hello everyone,

I'm new in WorldWind , but so far i found the application amazing!
    What i would like to do is using WorldWind in offline mode, so that i can use it somewhere with no internet connection.

I downloaded the World_Wind_1.4.0_Source source code and i started giving a look to the code last week.

I'm not really a c#/.NET expert, but while digging inside the code i found that in WorldSettings.cs there is a internal bool UseOfflineSearch set to false.

Should i just set that to true to be sure i'm using the application in offline mode?

I downloaded the BlueMarbleNewGeneration files from http://128.102.3.228/public/ so my next step will be trying to let the WorldWind load the selected area from the disk rather than from the internet.

The problem is i'm not sure about how to do that.

I have a few more questions:

1) Am i going in the right direction ?I mean are BMNG files the right one to download for using the application in offline mode?

2) Could anyone suggest which part of the code has to be changed to let the application work offline?

I've been reading many threads , but i still couldn't find a solution.
    Any help or suggestion would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I'm not sure if v1.4.0 out of the box supported offline mode. Is there a menu entry right off ithe File entry to enable it? My latest code works just fine in offline mode. Unfortunately, now that the nasa servers have gone belly up, that's about all it's good for. We have a fix over in the Technical Support forum to allow WW to download imagery from WMS servers. You should check that out. If your version doesn't support offline mode I should be able to send you a build that does. The C-sharp version is pretty much dead at this point. You might consider checking out the java version.

Thread Information