Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Update/Fix for World Wind 1.4.0 Imagery and Terrain

I did have a conflict with my V1.4.1Beta which also had a version of 1.4.0.1. I think that's the version of the beta in SVN, or maybe that's what I called it. Anyway, not sure how to resolve that so they both work.

James_In_Utah: You can backup and restore the two files in:
    %UserProfile%\Application Data\NASA\World Wind\1.4.0.1

World.xml
    WorldWind.xml

This way you can switch between multiple independent WW installations in different locations.

If you need it, the registry key is at:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NASA\World Wind

Most of the installers use this to find the WW location

These will vary, depending on the Windows version.

----------------------------------

Genericly: There seem to be quite a few essential things missing or modified. I'm trying to put together a list, so give me a bit of time.
    To view all my addons visit http://www.panglosstech.com/.

Hi Pangloss,
    I usually just rename the \1.4.0.1 directory when I want to try a new build with the same version number. I was just saying going forward, it would be better if the two builds had different versions. I think I will change my version number on my latest stuff to 1.4.1.0. We are running it on a closed LAN at work, so everything there continues to work fine.

Yeah, is it a branch or a new species? I'll leave the taxonomy to others.

Missing Files:

\Plugins\FOTW\fotw.txt
    \Plugins\FOTW\Textures\*.dds

from the Waving Flags Plugin. I was never a big fan if this, but since it seems to be coded into the program, it might as well work. I can send you fotw.txt, but I don't have the texture files.

More critically, most of the wpl files are missing in:

\Data\Earth\Placenames\*\*.wpl

These are required for the Placenames to display.

I can send you these, if they got lost. They seem to be present in the earlier installers.

000-0001.txt, 0000_0001.wpl, 0000_0002.wpl and 0000_0003.wpl in the
    \Data\Earth\Placenames\ root can be deleted. These are orphans that I missed in my clean-up.

Bugs:

When some layers are turned on, all the other layers and their sub-components seem to turn themselves off. I see this in the Jupiter and Saturn Moons. I don't know if it happens elsewhere, too. Nor do I have a solution. It's a pretty big glitch, though.

Left: Jupiter default, after opening. Everything is turned on and off correctly.

Center: Clicked the "Jupiter's Moons" entry. Still OK.

Right: Clicked the "Europa" entry. All of the entries turned off by themselves.

James: I don't know too much about the internal versioning of WW.Net but can look into it and see if this can be adjusted. I wouldn't know what to call this build: 1.4.0.2 maybe?

Pangloss: I don't know if you were talking to me but I'll certainly reply

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    Missing Files:

\Plugins\FOTW\fotw.txt
    \Plugins\FOTW\Textures\*.dds

from the Waving Flags Plugin. I was never a big fan if this, but since it seems to be coded into the program, it might as well work. I can send you fotw.txt, but I don't have the texture files.
    Agree, not a big fan but it should still work. I'll look into my files and see if I still have these to add back in.

Y
    More critically, most of the wpl files are missing in:

\Data\Earth\Placenames\*\*.wpl

These are required for the Placenames to display.

I can send you these, if they got lost. They seem to be present in the earlier installers.

000-0001.txt, 0000_0001.wpl, 0000_0002.wpl and 0000_0003.wpl in the
    \Data\Earth\Placenames\ root can be deleted. These are orphans that I missed in my clean-up.
    I'm glad you pointed this out. I had been wondering why placenames had worked previously but not with the new installer. I didn't have a good explanation for this. I should have those WPL files since I had them working previously. I'll get those put back in as well.

Bugs:

When some layers are turned on, all the other layers and their sub-components seem to turn themselves off. I see this in the Jupiter and Saturn Moons. I don't know if it happens elsewhere, too. Nor do I have a solution. It's a pretty big glitch, though.

Left: Jupiter default, after opening. Everything is turned on and off correctly.

I definitely see what you mean and may have actually experienced this bug with the Landsat data (I can't remember exactly which dataset), but it was basically as you illustrated. My first instinct is that this is an XML config issue but my first instincts are usually wrong . I'll certainly look into it and see what I come up with.

Genericly:Yes, I was talking to you, sorry if that was unclear.

The xml files are identical to the originals (date/size/CRC). They work correctly in 1.4.0. I have seen this with ScreenOverlay components, but never with the standard tags.

iirc, there were still bugs in the beta code. This may be one.

I'm pretty sure the version is set in \Worldwind\AssemblyInfo.cs. Just change:

[assembly: AssemblyVersion("1.4.0.1")]

to something else.

What happens if you change ShowOnlyOneLayer to false in the layer.xml file?

Quote Originally Posted by danzig70 View Post
    What happens if you change ShowOnlyOneLayer to false in the layer.xml file?
    That definitely resolves the issue of all child layers of all main-category children turning off. It allows more than one moon to be turned on at a time which may be undesirable, but that's a pretty small drawback considering the alternative.

It wouldn't be a big deal for the few xml files included in the installer, but it breaks all the old addons, so it isn't such a minor thing. The point of this effort is for people to be able to continue using all that stuff.
    Last edited by pangloss; 02-22-2012 at 06:14 PM.

Thread Information