Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: e00 to shp conversions

I have some e00 format files and want to use them in WW. I assume the best way is to convert them to shp and then go from there.
    Just one very small little problem, how to I convert them to shp?
    I did come across a conversion tool e00 to shp but it was only for unix nothing for windows.

Originally posted by nova@Apr 30 2005, 02:58 PM
    I have some e00 format files and want to use them in WW. I assume the best way is to convert them to shp and then go from there.
    I did come across a conversion tool e00 to shp but it was only for unix nothing for windows.
    I think OziExplorer can do that (and many other conversions and data manipulations). You should find free version (but not trial) which has some limitations.

Guest_james hawks_*

Originally posted by m_k@Apr 30 2005, 05:49 AM
    I think OziExplorer can do that (and many other conversions and data manipulations). You should find free version (but not trial) which has some limitations.
    Safe Softwares FME suite should do it too. Im trying to bring shape files in and am having problems, seems to be several diffrent ways. (oziexplorere. gpstracker, and the shape file import utility). Any recomendations appreciated.

Originally posted by nova@Apr 30 2005, 05:58 AM
    ESRI used to have a small free utiltiy at their website that would do this. Been a while since I used it so can't remember the name. You might try searching around their website for it.

Also, as far as I know there is still no easy way to bring shapefiles in to WW.

Matt

Thanks. OziExplorer maybe the one to use. Both e00 to plt and shp to plt conversions.

Originally posted by m_k@Apr 30 2005, 11:49 PM

Originally posted by Matt Fox@Apr 30 2005, 09:36 AM
    ESRI used to have a small free utiltiy at their website that would do this. Been a while since I used it so can't remember the name. You might try searching around their website for it.

Also, as far as I know there is still no easy way to bring shapefiles in to WW.

Matt
    Two ways to convert e00 to shape that I know of:

If you have arcgis 9 with the Data Interoperability extension.

or FME suite by safe software.

Im still having trouble bringing in shapefiles. I need to get better at oziexplorer so I change shapes into plt. Then im not sure what to do with the plt once I have them.

Once you have a plt. Use the prg called plt2ww.exe. It works. I have been using it.

http://worldwind.czart.net/

Originally posted by james hawks@May 4 2005, 06:29 AM
    Two ways to convert e00 to shape that I know of:

If you have arcgis 9 with the Data Interoperability extension.

or FME suite by safe software.

Im still having trouble bringing in shapefiles. I need to get better at oziexplorer so I change shapes into plt. Then im not sure what to do with the plt once I have them.

Originally posted by nova@May 3 2005, 01:55 PM
    Once you have a plt. Use the prg called plt2ww.exe. It works. I have been using it.

http://worldwind.czart.net/
    Okay I dd that now? Now I have an xml doc in c:\program files\nasa\world wind 1.3 and 16 wwb files and pathlist.idx and pathlist.pkg under worldwindow.earth. whats next?

Originally posted by Guest@May 3 2005, 05:45 PM
    Okay I dd that now? Now I have an xml doc in c:\program files\nasa\world wind 1.3 and 16 wwb files and pathlist.idx and pathlist.pkg under worldwindow.earth. whats next?
    The wwb files are useless if you&#39;ve got the pkg and idx. You want to put the XML file under config&#092;earth. Then create a new folder in Add-ons&#092;earth and put your idx and pkg files there. Open up the xml file and change the "PathsDirectory" to add-ons&#092;earth&#092; and whatever folder name you created (ie Add-ons&#092;Earth&#092;MyAddon). Then if you have an icon, put it in your new folder and change the ToolBarImage path accordingly (ie Add-ons&#092;earth&#092;myaddon&#092;coolico n.png). If you don&#39;t have an icon, you can add one by putting before the </LayerSet> tag at the bottom (replacing the path with yours, of course):
    <ExtendedInformation>
    <ToolBarImage>Add-ons&#092;earth&#092;myaddon&#092;coolico n.png</ToolBarImage>
    </ExtendedInformation>

Hope this helps&#33;

-5of0
    Note: The above statement is probably an educated guess, derived from much forum reading, IRC chatting, general curiosity, etc. Use at your own risk.
    Before asking, check the FAQ or search, and Ask a good question.

Having problems? Make sure you have Managed DirectX and .NET Framework.
    Then check the Video Card Compatibility List

Originally posted by 5of0@May 3 2005, 07:02 PM
    The wwb files are useless if you&#39;ve got the pkg and idx. You want to put the XML file under config&#092;earth. Then create a new folder in Add-ons&#092;earth and put your idx and pkg files there. Open up the xml file and change the "PathsDirectory" to add-ons&#092;earth&#092; and whatever folder name you created (ie Add-ons&#092;Earth&#092;MyAddon). Then if you have an icon, put it in your new folder and change the ToolBarImage path accordingly (ie Add-ons&#092;earth&#092;myaddon&#092;coolico n.png). If you don&#39;t have an icon, you can add one by putting before the </LayerSet> tag at the bottom (replacing the path with yours, of course):
    <ExtendedInformation>
    <ToolBarImage>Add-ons&#092;earth&#092;myaddon&#092;coolico n.png</ToolBarImage>
    </ExtendedInformation>

Hope this helps&#33;

-5of0
    Got it &#33; woot&#33; Hmm there may be a nautical add-on soon, with alot of caveats&#33;

Thread Information