Thread: [Solved] Hello NASA World Wind -NetBeans6.7.1

Default [Solved] Hello NASA World Wind -NetBeans6.7.1

I followed the tutorial from
    http://blogs.sun.com/geertjan/entry/...asa_world_wind

but
    JFrame initComponemts()
    The .addComponent(..)
    are giving errors of "cannot find symbol"

how do I fix this NetBeans6.7.1 issue that is related to Worldwind?

Thanks in advance..

---------this is the generated code-----------------------------
    gov.nasa.worldwind.awt.WorldWindowGLCanv as worldWindowGLCanvas1 = new gov.nasa.worldwind.awt.WorldWindowGLCanv as();

----The error occurs here-----------------------
    .addComponent(worldWindowGLCanvas1, javax.swing.GroupLayout.PREFERRED_SIZE, javax.swing.GroupLayout.DEFAULT_SIZE, javax.swing.GroupLayout.PREFERRED_SIZE)
    Last edited by patmurris; 09-06-2009 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Solved

Hi sam03,

I'm brand new to Java and to WorldWind, but I've been pursuing development using NetBeans for a few weeks now.

The instructions here from Chiss cover most everything required to get WWJ to the point you can run the examples from within the project in NetBeans (I have set this up successfully in both NB 6.5.1 and 6.7.1)...

(Note: There is a problem in the WWJ project in NB 6.7 that does not present itself as an issue in NB 6.5. After following all the steps here there will still be a conflict that keeps the project from compiling. Some sort of 'have the same erasure, yet neither overrides the other' error in a class called 'geom' I think (I'm at home away from the code right now) related to the function 'positionsCrossDateLine'. I have not figured out how to fix this yet. But it doesn't prevent you from run example files from the project.)

This step by step guide was created with NetBeans 6.x and the 0.5.0 release of the SDK. However, the general principals outlined here should work regardless of the SDK version.

Step 1: Unzip the SDK

Step 2: Open NetBeans and create a New Project using the "Java Application" template. Fill in the required details but uncheck the 'Create Main class' box. Your new project should reside in a clean directory.

Step 3: Rename WorldWind's 'build.xml' to something else (ww_build.xml) and copy all the WorldWind's unzipped content to your NetBeans project folder so that the src folders overlap. You should end up with a folder structure very similar to the WorldWind unzipped folder, plus a 'nbproject' and a 'test' folders. The 'build.xml' file is the one created by NetBeans, not the one that came with the zip (which is why we renamed it earlier).

Step 4: From NetBeans, you will notice that some folders/classes are marked with a red exclamation mark. We now need to tell the project about the required libraries. Right-click your project's node and select 'Properties' (typically the last menu item). Select the 'Libraries' node from the Categories tree and press the 'Add JAR/folder' button on the right. Keeping CTRL down, select the 'gluegen-rt.jar' and 'jogl.jar' that are now inside your project folder. Click 'ok'.

Step 5: At this point, only 2 classes in the '...examples.Applet' package don't compile (still have the red exclamation mark). Go back to the 'Libraries' category like before, but this time you need to add the 'plugin.jar' located in your JDK/jre/lib directory (for example, C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_10\jre\lib\plugin.ja r)

You can now run any of the examples by right-clicking them and selecting 'Run File' from the contextual menu.

Hope this helps,
    Chiss!
    One additional step that was needed in my case was...
    - right click the project and click 'properties' again
    - click 'Run' in the tree on the left side
    - add the following in the VM Options field

-Djava.library.path=path/to/folder/containing/jogl/jars

(I have my jogl jars in a folder outside the project. You may not have to do this last step if the jogl jar files are in the project... I'm not sure.)

Good luck with it!

Thanks a lot..It worked fine

Sanjay

Smile It works fine

Its works fine..

Thanks..

I am able to see the examples now...

Unregistered

Default Step 3??

Hello

I am a little confused about step 3, how do I copy all the WorldWind's unzipped content to my NetBeans project exactly. I tried dragging and dropping the floder into my netbeans project default package area but that didn'y work.

I am using netneans 7.3

I see that this post is from like 3 years ago

if any one could help i would gladly appreciate it

I am an intern doing some virtualizion modeling and need to use worldwind for some simulations

Thread Information