Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: WWJ SDK Alpha 4.1 - 0.4.1 available

Default Low-res image missing from cache

Pat, I've tried everything I can think of, short of physically shaking my laptop.

However, I found a clue. I turned logging on (vis-a-vis the logging example) and I got the following repeating entry:

Dec 12, 2007 5:51:51 AM gov.nasa.worldwind.retrieve.HTTPRetrieve r doRead
    FINE: Response code 200, Content length 0, Content type content type not returned, retrieving http://worldwind25.arc.nasa.gov/lsti...L=1&X=53&Y=110

Then I checked my cache (C:\ProgramData\WorldWindData\Earth\NASA LandSat I3\1\110) for 110_53.dds and ITS NOT THERE. This situation appears to preempt the display of the higher res tiles of the same map type.

Just for grins, I copied a random tile into the cache and renamed it 110_53.dds and the higher-res tiles were immediately displayed.

So, I suspect the new logic that requires the low-res imagery to be present may need to be reviewed as it creates a severe dependency on the availability and deliverability of all image tiles in the "pyramid".

Release 0.3.0 is not constrained with this requirement, thus the high-res tiles display even though a low-res tile is unavailable.

Saint-Paul de Vence, Alpes Maritimes, France

Thanks bruce for the feedback. I've forwarded your comments to tag.
    My World Wind Java Blog & WW.net Plugins page

From the image files you posted it looks like what I ran into. The WWIO class doesn't flush the writes to disk. Check out:
    http://issues.worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/browse/WWJ-113

Default Rendering issue while embedded in Eclips RCP

I have been trying to update the World Wind GEO Codebase to use WorldWind 4.1. I completed it but rendering was flawed and after using is the clobe would only show dark blue bodies but no Blue Marble. So I started writing my own RCP client with WorldWind example code to start. Much to my surprise I get the same behavior as I did in my ported WW GEO. are there rendering changes in 4.1 that are not compatible with Eclipse RCP ? I am an RCP noob , but I thought I should point this out.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by charlie.black View Post
    The WWIO class doesn't flush the writes to disk.
    http://issues.worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/browse/WWJ-113
    Good that will be changed. Any idea of when the version will be available that includes this and hopefully a change to eliminate the requirement for the low res tiles?

Saint-Paul de Vence, Alpes Maritimes, France

I've no idea when a code update could be dropped, but frankly, i would not expect anything before january. It has been a very busy year and i predict some time off during the holidays - how clairvoyant. That will give us some perspective too

But who knows what Santa may bring - if his GPS is working
    My World Wind Java Blog & WW.net Plugins page

Default Geoserver + WMS Issues

I’m currently building a worldwind applet, using worldwind 0.4.1, and I’ve run into a few issues…

Freezing Issue:

The applet is deployed on a closed network, however it will connect to a GeoServer to download some mapping imagery. As it needs to download data from the GeoServer we cannot run it in offline mode. However when we run it in online mode it freezes when it tries to connect the worldwind server, after printing out ‘INFO: Public network appears to be unreachable’. The applet does not recover from this.

Is there anyway of configuring worldwind so it runs in an ‘offline mode’ (not downloading from the worldwind server) but still allow the code to download from a GeoServer?

Also if it cannot connect to the default server the cache pack imagery is not loaded.

WMS Issue:

The applet adds layers which it creates from Capabilities requested from the GeoServer. The implementation is similar to the example at gov.nasa.worldwind.examples.WMSLayersPan el.class. However when it tries to get the styles for the layers ( Element[] styles = caps.getLayerStyles(layerCaps); ) styles only contains null elements. WMSLayersPanel and my code works fine in version 0.3.1. Has the implementation changed in 0.4.1?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jkahler View Post
    I have been trying to update the World Wind GEO Codebase to use WorldWind 4.1. I completed it but rendering was flawed and after using is the clobe would only show dark blue bodies but no Blue Marble. So I started writing my own RCP client with WorldWind example code to start. Much to my surprise I get the same behavior as I did in my ported WW GEO. are there rendering changes in 4.1 that are not compatible with Eclipse RCP ? I am an RCP noob , but I thought I should point this out.
    Hi,

The code has been updated to use the latest WWJ 0.4.1 + I've added MS Virtual Earth and a NetCDF Viewer for scientific data.
    The built-in web browser can recognize a KML subset + OpeNDAP data servers.

Just check out the latest stuff from:

http://code.google.com/p/worldwindrcp/

Regards

Super Moderator

I tried to download worldwind.geo-1.0.3.eclipse.win32.zip three times but the server probably has a time limit, just got 2,368, 2,443 and 2,339 instead of 26.8MB
    I just have dialup at about 45Kbps.

Default Download

Quote Originally Posted by nlneilson View Post
    I tried to download worldwind.geo-1.0.3.eclipse.win32.zip three times but the server probably has a time limit, just got 2,368, 2,443 and 2,339 instead of 26.8MB
    I just have dialup at about 45Kbps.
    The archive is fine. You need to get a faster connection. I tested w/ 90kb/s dsl.

Regards

Thread Information