View Full Version : Difficulty and point of attack question.
09-19-2007, 09:56 PM
1. I need the ability to limit the zoom factor. By this I mean I need to limit how far they can zoom and at what increments.
2. How would I approach overlaying my own information? How would I approach drawing lines and labels and such?
Thank you for your time.
09-19-2007, 10:03 PM
1. WW doesn't have a "zoom factor" in the same way that a 2d map would, it has a camera that can move around in 3d so what you probably want to do is restrict how close the camera can get to the globe.
2. Easiest way to learn is to walk through the examples yourself.
09-19-2007, 10:21 PM
1. You may need to write your own version of AWTInputHandler and change the config.worldwind.properties file to use yours - gov.nasa.worldwind.avkey.InputHandlerCla ssName. Your version would make sure the distance to the target on the globe doesnt go below some limit.
2. There are many examples in the SDK code and out there (http://www.worldwindcentral.com/wiki/Category:WWJ_Dev_Documentation). Get to read a bit ;)
09-19-2007, 10:25 PM
Thank you for your responses, I will begin the reading.
09-24-2007, 04:52 PM
I was wondering if someone could direct me to the mouse listeners that control the movement in Worldwind.
09-24-2007, 08:24 PM
AWTInputHandler is the one i think.
10-02-2007, 05:25 PM
I haven't been able to work on this as much as I need to, couple directions needed.
BTW, thank you pat for the layers tuts, those have been helpful in getting all that working. I now have my labels working and calling through Georss of my own creation.
The quest to limit movement is ongoing, any direction would be nice.
1. Have worldwind load up on a specific location on the map, so that the zoom function zooms into a specific location without any dragging of the world needed.
2. Limit the zoom function to a few scrolls in and out.
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.